𝟮𝟬 | 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀

•✩•

•✩•

"Can you—" Amari laughed softly as Derek almost burned a pancake in the pan. "Der!"

"What? It's not completely burnt." He smiled sheepishly as he tossed the pancake onto a plate.

Amari scoffed as she lifted up the pancake, showing him the burnt underside of the poor pancake.

Derek chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head. "So maybe I should make the smoothie and you can cook the pancakes."

Amari nodded, "And the bacon." She reminded him as she walked over to the other side of the kitchen, tossing him a smile over her shoulder as she pulled the pack of bacon out of the fridge.

"Right. This is why you're the responsible one." He grinned as he walked over to where she had been chopping up a whole bunch of stuff for a hangover smoothie.

Amari laughed as she poured pancake batter onto the pan in front of her while she fried bacon in the pan next to the pancakes. They worked in a comfortable silence, soft peaceful music filling the silence so that it wasn't nearly as empty.

Derek started humming softly as he chucked the fruit and greens he'd chopped up into the blender. A smile grew on Amari's face as his deep hum filled her ears, the pile of pancakes piling up as time went on.

"Hey, I think this is done." Derek opened the blender after he blended up the smoothie. "Wanna taste?"

Amari turned around and scrunched her nose at the light green smoothie he was pouring out into glasses. "No thanks."

Derek laughed as he stuck a straw in a glass, walking towards her while holding it out. "Come on pretty girl. You know you want to."

"Derek, no." She laughed softly and pushed the glass away with her spatula.

"Ah. Just try it. For me." He pleaded, turning on his irresistible puppy dog eyes.

Amari sighed and nodded, blushing lightly as she switched the stove off and let Derek almost shove the smoothie in her face. She sipped a little from the straw and held back the feeling to gag as she swallowed it.

"Good, right?" Derek asked her.

Amari looked up at him, smiling lightly. She hadn't realized how close he was until she'd done that. She patted his chest lightly.

"No."

Derek laughed and was about to reply when they heard someone clear their throat from the entrance to the kitchen. Amari cleared her throat softly and stepped away from Derek.

"What's going on here?" Chase asked as he walked further inside the kitchen.

"Just making breakfast." Amari mumbled and went back to cooking pancakes.