Chapter 37 Reasons

Naina's POV

I got to my house and knocked the door. Karan was at home in this late night.

I need to do this on my own... I can handle this.

The door unlocked and revealed my mother Avantika Sharma.

She was shocked to see me...well anyone would be if they expect someone back from death.

"Naina..." She was going to touch my face but I got inside the house and settled myself on the couch.

She doesn't deserve me anymore if she lied to me.

"I need to talk to you... now."

She was hurt with my attitude...but I can't emotionally get carried away.
She sat in front of me and nodded for my question.

"Why did you lied to me all this time? Why didn't you tell me that I'm not Pradeep's daughter...and you've a son too? Why mother!"

I raised my voice on the last part as I can't take her shock and silence anymore...I want the fucking answers.

"I...I.."

She was stuttering raising my temper. If she wasn't my mother...I would've done some crime right here.

"Start from the beginning and don't stop till the end."

I said in a low husky voice bringing the hell out of me...my blood boiled and breathing increased in rage. Even she sensed it and I saw fear in her face. Now give me the truth.

"When I was young...I dated Vikram and we both weren't clear about our feelings. But one day we consummated and that was the biggest mistake I realized later. I told him about my pregnancy and he was shocked, but next day he was going to talk to my parents for marriage...but he got killed. My parents got to know about my pregnancy so they married me to Pradeep in haste for exchange of dowry. "

She wiped her constant ushering tears and continued again.

"9 months later I gave birth to non-identical twins...a boy and a girl. Pradeep got to know this...and threatened to kill them, so I gave up the boy for adoption then and there in the hospital and took you. I thought I would protect you...but he promised not kill you. But I didn't know he would torture you."

She's so weak and helpless! Why the fuck is she my mother!

"You could've fought for me mother!"

She flinched on my loud voice.

"I couldn't...he would've reveal this truth in society and my character would be judged...my parents would be ruined... I'm sorry..."

"Society... reputation...you didn't think of that before having sex. And that's more important to you than your own children!"

She flinched and saw me with her bloodshot eyes.

"I... I'm sorry... forgive me..."

"Shut up Avantika! Shut the fuck up!"

I screamed in her...I can't take this anymore. She was aghast watching my this self, but I noticed what she is actually...a naive, weak and gullible woman. This is what she is and she deserves this pain.

"You ruined my life. You ruined mine and Deepak's life when there was no fault of both of us either!"

She was surprised to hear his name... confused.

"Yes... Deepak is your long lost son and my twin brother!"

I stood up and walked out of the house towards my car as I can't face this woman again.