Chapter 41 Family and Legacy

Naina's POV

I'm getting ready in the closet as I'll be going office today.

It's been a month from that incident that happened there.

Today is Karan's 30th b'day, also he'll officially be the CEO of the Sanghi hotel group in front of the whole media today.

Dad will become the chairperson and I will be made as the COO of the group, also the highest shareholder.

Yup...dad got to the hospital at time and so did Deepak. They both were operated and stitched up. It was Deepak who called police beforehand and so Nakul was caught by them when he ran away.

Gagan uncle and Nic testified against him and both accepted their crimes. As we got the proofs, Nakul and Pradeep were arrested and all these four were sentenced a lifetime imprisonment.

Everything is coming back to normal and now we all can be a family again without any threats or fears.

"Hey Miss Loud!!"

Karan came and kissed my neck snaking his arms tightly on my waist.

"Hey CEO! Is everyone ready?"

"Yes... they're waiting for us."

"Then let's go..."

"Before that I want my bday gift."

I kissed his lips softly and marched out of the room before he could say something.

"That's not what I wanted! Come back here Naina!"

"We're getting late...let's go!"

I told him and we both got in the car to reach office.

Karanveer's POV

Everything is going to be fine...but this is what is wanted from the start.

But getting Naina... that was unexpected. But now I know what is love exactly, and now I've my son too.

I wanted mother to stay here, but she said she's having a life in New York and besides...she knows how much dad loves mom now.

She can't stay here anymore, but this life which I have is because of her. Even I owe Deepak too...he took a bullet for me, I offered him the COO position but he also said he is fine in Goa with his family.

But his shares belongs to him also he's a passive member of the board.

I think I'll become a good CEO...won't I?

"Nervous?"

Naina held my hand as we were proceeding in the open garden were the media was waiting for our announcement and signing.

"No...you?"

"When you're beside me I don't feel nervous."

We both shared a smile and I pecked her forehead before settling on our seats placed on the built small stage. A podium was set up where dad would make the announcements.

Deepak sat beside Naina and winked to Shreya who was sitting in the audience with both the kids beside her. I could see mother talking and enjoying Daksheeja's company.

Mom was sitting beside me and signaled dad to start his speech.

"Thank you everyone who came here. All the media persons, journalist and everyone, thanks for coming on this auspicious ceremony for the Sanghi hotel group. It's my honor that I'll be doing all the announcement, but before that I want to tell you something."