Chapter 39 Bugged!

Karanveer's POV

The plan was simple. We all go in the office, call a board meeting and reveal Naina is alive with Vikram uncle's shares to be claimed with Deepak getting his' back and tell them that I fulfilled the rules for being the CEO- becoming 30 year old, get married , have a child , get promise of vote....and bang! You're the CEO.

But the biggest complication...Nakul was declared as the heir when Naina died and he gave the group his stolen money. And as my wife left with no heir of mine...board took my shares and I am no longer a member.

First we need to throw Nakul out of the company and get witnesses to testify against him.

We all were back from Goa with Deepak, Shreya and Deeya are staying in our mansion right now with mother also here.

"If we need to overthrow Nakul from the board...for that we need proof." Dad said pacing around the room.

We all were sitting in the hall while kids were playing in Veer's new room.

"But we need proof to get witnesses...what about the footage of that night , traffic cam CCTV of Karan's accident and Naina's situation in the office...those footages?"

Deepak asked dad but he nodded negatively.

"If I got hold of it, I would never send Naina to New York. I would better handle the matter myself and end it."

"Maybe they deleted both footages, leaving no evidence for their crime."

Mom suggested this and mother also agreed with her.

I saw Naina in deep thoughts. But her eyes went wide in realization.

"What is it Naina?"

"They can't delete anything, coz I designed the system which makes me its sole controller. They can't delete anything just erase it temporarily. Maybe they did that to the footage."

Everyone looked at her in a ray of hope. Even she smiled in confidence.

Well done Naina...but we need it fast.

"Can you retrieve it then Naina?" Mother asked her in a ray of hope.

"Yes I can...but I didn't change the system completely, there were complex equations that I couldn't figure...so I added my input to make it stronger. But getting hold of the complete system entirely is a bit difficult, dad indeed built a strong system."

Naina lowered her head in shame but Deepak started.

"Don't worry...I reviewed the system back in those days, if we work together...maybe we could figure it out."

She got up and marched towards Deepak with a smile on her face.

"But how much time it would take?" Shreya asked both of them.

"We don't know...sooner we start, sooner we get it."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go in my home office and there are three laptop connected to the security system. Get started."

They both ran to the office as dad instructed. He was looking both of them happily...as if uncle Vikram uncle wasn't gone, he's still with him.

I got up and moved in the porch to talk to my secretary Nic to get to know what happened in the office these past days.

But my phone showed a blank screen...probably it's hanged. But I noticed it was showing glitch in every three seconds, it doesn't seemed hanged.

I patted my phone on my palm lightly, but it was behaving the same.