The Cave

As we walk toward the forest J explains the the rules of capture the flag and Nico throws in a few words here and there. I don't really listen I'm really focused on all the people around me who are afraid to make eye contact or even look at me for longer than a second. There are some campers who will give am actual smile, which I am grateful for, and I smile back.

We finally make it into the forest and walk around then stop by a huge Boulder.

"This is Zeus Fist." Said J dramatically.

J POV

"This is Zeus Fist." I say. I look over at Naomi and notice that again she isn't listening. The whole walk over here she was not focused. I look over at Nico and ask him quietly what was up with her? He says to just ask her which I don't consider an answer but take it anyways.

"Hey I promised Will that I'd help him in the infirmary. Do you mind if J shows you around?" asks Nico turning to Naomi.

"I don't mind. Go ahead." she says monotone. He slightly smiles and shadow travels out. I turn towards Naomi who is looking at the trees. Right as I open my mouth to speak she asks about tree nymphs.

"Sorry, what about them?" I ask.

"They can hear everything happening on around them even if they are in their tree for. Can't they?" she asks turning back to me. I hadn't thought about that.

"I suppose they can." she nods and I continue. "Why do you ask?"

"Uh, no reason." she says fast. I see her cheeks flush. She doesn't like the spot light, I realized. Maybe there's a place where we can talk alone. The cave! I grab Naomi's hand and start leading her to the only private area.

"Wha-what are you doing? Where are we going?"she asks flustered. I turn and saw her cute confused face. And smile.

"Its a surprise." I say. She doesn't protest or pulls her hand away and I smile brighter.

~

We reach the cave entrance. I don't go inside because it's the home of Rachel Dare, the Oracle. Well at the moment the gift is broken but everyone believes that she'll get it back. I sit down on a rock big enough for three and motion Naomi to sit next to me. She does.

"The cave of Rachel Elizabeth Dare." She says. I look at her dumbfounded. I keep forgetting that she already knows a lot about the camp and the Seven. According to Nico, Will, and Hedge she got everything that happened spot on. "So why did you lead me here?" she asks looking at me with her amazing brown eyes. I realize that I was starring a little to long when she cleared her throat.

"Oh. Um, just thought you would like to be away from everyone. You know be alone where no one was watching." I say nervously. My cheeks heating up. She smiles and does something I wasn't expecting. She hugs me. She wraps her arms around my neck and after a while I wrap my arms around her waist. She pulls away blushing.

"Sorry. Just Uh, thanks for bringing me here. For being here." she says flustered. I cup her chin in my hand.

"Don't apologize. And you can always trust me to be there for you. No matter what." I say and she smiles. Suddenly I couldn't hold back anymore. I lean in and kiss her. And she kisses me back! It was a gentle not rushed kiss. It felt right and like everything in the world will be okay as long as I was with her. The world fell away and for those few moments it was only me and her and this kiss.

Sorry for the short chapter I just felt that this was a good spot to stop. Anyways what do you think?
Comment if you think J and Naomi should become an official couple or have that awkward thing where they both think they are dating but are not sure kind of relationship. Let me know :)