Chapter 5: Not grow weary of doing good

The noise of ceaseless rant. Danny just couldn't bare having opened to the stream by calling his sister. He had forgotten to call her for several days due to all the commotion. While Yukio and Rin were waiting outside, he had decided to have a short talk. His sister's existence was a secret, too, after all. But boy, was she being loud.

"I was about to have a heart attack, Daniel!" Exclaimed Jazz sternly. She must have been serious to call him by his disliked full name.

"Jazz. For a hundredth time, you are too worried. Apply your analysis to yourself for once," Danny calmly responded, "I have been playing along and calling you daily. No need to become so agitated just because of one time."

"I'm just worried, Danny," said Jazz, taking a calming sigh, "I wouldn't be able to be near when you are half-way across the globe."

"I will be fine. Always have been," Danny looked out of the window at the approaching classmates, "Besides, your aim is atrocious."

"Hey! I have improved!"

Both siblings then chuckled softly. Phantom smiled slightly, wishing that he truly could be near her. It was not about physical protection. It was about... feeling safe, welcomed and loved. They were the only family they had. Danny missed that feeling. He would come visit her soon, it's not like it was very complicated. When the initial dust settled and he could allow himself to come. Jazz had been against him dropping the school and crossing all his opportunities for his childish dreams. But she was way too innocent despite her age, mental maturity and her overbearing attitude towards her little brother.

"Are you sure everything is fine?"

"Jazz, be honest. If I told you that no, I'm being held at a gunpoint at the moment, what could you do?"

"Danny, I am trying to help how I can by phone. You can always talk to me about your problems. A simple talk can be of great help."

"Then could you not make such a fuss about it? I don't have new ones on a daily basis, they take time to appear. And when they will come, I will call. At the moment, I am absolutely the same I have been a month ago, and back then I was no different from how I was a year prior."

"That is also not a good sign, Danny."

"You and your shtick," Phantom sighed. "I've got to go."

"Bye, Danny," Jazz responded in a disappointed matter.

The teen ended the call and dropped his phone into the deep pocket of his jeans, before going downstairs. Was he being stubborn? Well, yes, he was, it was in his nature. But what of it, if anything, it was his stubbornness that helped the teen survive despite all odds. And if he didn't want to be mentally dissected, it was his own decision, was it not? Danny didn't feel wrong, but he had to admit, it was a totally hollow type. It was the type that actually made him willing to feel or even suspect that something was wrong. But no, there was nothing, everything was so fine that it was actually tedious. It was some "Inception" level of thinking.

"What the hell?!" Danny heard Bon's voice, "This place looks like a damn ghost hotel!"

At hearing this, Phantom couldn't resist a grin splitting his face. Oh, such a sweet irony. He exited the building, standing near the entrance along with Okumura brothers. Yukio glanced at the teen, with a look in his eyes clearly saying 'Don't you dare to make that joke'. Too sad that he was largely ignored.

"It surely is not a hotel," Danny smirked, specifically not denying the 'ghost part'.

"And that idiot is here too," Bon responded unenthusiastically, "I thought you said that you would be ditching."