Chapter 6: Somewhat Magdolene

The sound of the door swinging shut was loud enough to call attention of the guest even without the question of the half-ghost. The Headmaster turned around whilst leaning on his umbrella, with the same grin plastered on his face. It was funny how Danny and him were similar whenever they did not interact with each other. Phantom obviously was becoming sour whenever he was near the Demon King. Danny, who had picked another shirt before going upstairs, glared at the demon, crossing his hands.

"You were watching, weren't you?"

"What else might a respected gentleman do up here?" Mephisto asked the teen. "It is quite interesting what you did down there."

"You expect an explanation? It is my power, you saw it when I tried to blast you. Now I just mentally drew a line that precisely cut him in the weak spot. Those rot types are pathetic."

"Not that, boyo. Nobody saw you use that, did they? Just how much can you throw some sand in their eyes?"

"It is a minor thing, and I am unable to do anything better. If I shot the blast you saw before, it would have been impossible to surround by that metaphorical veil. Now to another thing. You said that no stronger demon can get inside!"

"Are you calling that thing a 'stronger' demon?" Mephisto deadpanned, "That's the point, kiddo, strong demons may not enter, weaker ones can." He explained in a condescending tone. "Before you say that 'it's an odd way for the barrier to work', that's how it works. Deal with it. But I haven't actually come to observe your achievements. We need to learn who sent this thing here! Nobody trespasses on my school!"

"Precisely," Danny narrowed his eyes, "Nobody does. Which makes me wonder if you are the guy to send this thing. Or simply let someone else summon that sack of vomit."

"Huh?! How could you even assume such preposterous thing?"

Mephisto's tone clearly said that he was anything but hurt. Then he narrowed his eyes, "I take these matters seriously, for this trespassing is an insult to my prestige, both as a Headmaster and a Demon King. Hence we are to solve this little mystery before long."

"And I am involved in this just how?"

"That thing is still alive, and can, just barely, but talk. We wouldn't want anyone knowing what you are now, would we?" The demon grinned mischievously, whilst Phantom gave him a bashful look.

"I am in this situation because of your meddling, you dapper clown! Your promise of privacy was the only thing that made me stay. And with this only boon of this place gone, I am very tempted to leave. The first week has not even ended yet and already my carefully planned intimacy has been sabotaged. What next, Pheles? Satan shows up on my doorstep asking for sugar? I am tempted to believe in any sort of situation now. I just want to be alone, what's so damn hard about it?"

"You are naive if you think that you will be able to stay under the radar for so long. It may have worked for me, but I am a smart one, and I used to live in Gehenna half of the time. So unless you hide there, you are eventually going to be found out. And thus you are left with few things to do. You either help the Order like I do, or become so frightening that nobody dares to touch you. Need I mention how unlikely the second option is? You would have to be scarier than Satan himself."

"I know how to unleash the entire Gehenna here," Phantom shrugged, "You just have to open a stable door. Does this make a fine bargain?"

"Now that is interesting. Just how are you going to do this, kiddo?"

"You will be surprised how close technologies can come to this."

"This does sound like a viable threat. But where is the guarantee that you won't be killed before you go through with this, hm? Besides, we both know you are not going to do this, half-human that you are."