Part five

Volleyball was canceled today, the coaches had something to do, Kenma didn't pay attention to the reason why. The walk home from school was quiet on Kenma's part, luckily that wasn't an unusual thing to happen. Kuroo took lead in the conversation. Kenma holds his bag straps tightly, looking down, ever since lunch he had been a mess. Does Kuroo even know the effects that calling him cute has? No.. he's too dense, and anyways, it's been this way since they were kids, it would be weird if Kenma suddenly asked him to stop, or told him it made him feel weird..

"Kenma?"

Nothing.

"Kenma? You there?"

Kuroo places a hand on his head and makes Kenma face him, "What are ya thinking about?" He smirks.

Kenma looks with wide eyes into Kuroo's dark ones, "n-nothing." He softens his gaze and just looks at Kuroo till he releases his head. They continue to walk until Kenma has a coughing fit.

Kuroo pats the setter on the back. "Woah what'd you do? Swallow a bug?" He laughs a little.

Kenma coughs out more petals, he opens his sleeve a little to look, but then shoves them into his sleeve, then lets the petals fall behind them. "Haha yeah.. I dunno, maybe it's just the cold.." Kenma says, giving an obviously fake laugh.

Kuroo doesn't take his eyes off Kenma, who seems tense and uncomfortable. Why did he lie about not knowing what it was? It was clearly flower petals. Kuroo doesn't say anything, it's such a weird thing to be suspicious about. Should he be concerned that Kenma ate a flower? What a weirdo.

Kuroo takes his mind off of it by whistling a tune from a commercial he saw on TV. He stops and gets lost in thought, "Hmm.. I need to find somewhere with a little more of a  romantic aura.." he places a hand on his chin.

Kenma jumps a little, looking at Kuroo with wide eyes. Romantic? Now? With him..? Kenma calms himself, he tugs on Kuroo's sleeve, looking down at the ground to hide his small smile.

"What is it Kitty?" Kuroo asks, wondering why the smaller male was being this way.

Kenma points across the street at a cafe, known for their small baked treats, it gets very popular around Valentines Day(or White Day I think).

Kuroo looks at the building and smiles, he wraps his arms around Kenma's shoulders, but he doesn't take his eyes away from the cafe. "Hmm.. it looks like a nice place." Kuroo smiles. "Good find Kitty." Kenma blushes a little, he raises his foot to take a step towards the building until— "But do you think Tsukishima likes sweets? That's what they're known for right?"

The small setter pauses, he puts his foot down and the excitement flies off his shoulders. Of course it's for that salty blocker, he thought.

Kenma takes a breath before speaking, "How am I supposed to know. Call him and ask him."

Kuroo nods, "Yeah that's probably smart." Kuroo walks a little ways away near a street lamp and opens his phone to call his not-yet-lover.

They speak, but Kenma doesn't bother listening. He feels his breath shorten and stomach churn. The dyed blonde brings his hands to his mouth and coughs, it sounds like it could be a serious sickness. Kenma does his best to muffle it with his sleeve.

More dark red petals fall from his mouth to his hands. The taste of their fragrance stuck in his mouth, and his lungs making him gasp to make up for lost air.

Kenma counts the petals, it looks like a lot more from last time. Thirteen. Now he's coughed them up three times today, it's definitely getting worse.

Kenma frowns and tosses them on the floor, he looks at Kuroo, hoping he didn't notice. Thank god his back is turned and he is still on the phone with the blonde blocker.

He lifts his hand to grab the fabric over his heart, or ached. See.. look how much happier Kuroo is with Tsukishima! Why would he want to accept your love? Pity, that's the only reason. Thoughts crush what's left of his social battery.

Kuroo comes back and puts his phone in his pocket, "Good news, but also bad news. Blondy has volleyball practice today, good news, he agreed to go to the cafe with me. So now I gotta figure what to do for an hour.." his voice trails off, he sees the dahlia flower petals on the ground. He looks around, trying to find the flowers. Nothing. He raises his eyebrow at Kenma. Where did he get those flowers?

Kenma looks down at the petals and panics, he steps on them, "What are you looking at idiot?"

Kuroo shakes his head, "I was looking at what you just stepped on."

Kenma shrugs, "Too bad." He hears his captain laugh, that warms his heart a little.

Sorry I took so long! I was working on my Iwaoi story! Which you sooo totally shouldn't look at ;((