Part ten

⚠️tw warning: blood⚠️
I know it's a little late, but I'd rather be safe than sorry ✌️

We arrive at Kuroo's house, his mom gets out and tells Kuroo to help Kenma out of the car, scared that he may collapse or spew his guts out again, then walks inside. The raven haired boy does as he's told and opens the door for Kenma, then offers a hand to help him out.

Kenma grabs it lightly and uses it to help him get out of the car, Kuroo shuts the door and they begin to walk to the house until Kenma pinches Kuroo's jacket, making them stop. "Um.. maybe I should head back home? You still have school.. also.. I don't want you to cancel your plans with the salty fry just because I'm not feeling well..." Kenma says quietly.

Kuroo lets out a breath, an attempt to give a small laugh, "it's fine, I have to take care of my Kitty." He playfully peta Kenma's head, ruffling up a few hairs. "But if you really wanna go home you can, I'll change and meet you there. You need to go lay down and no video games. I'll be very strict on that."

Kenma frown twists into a smile, although that's inevitable when he's around such a caring person. "Thank you.." he mutters.

Kuroo smiles and nods, "Of course. This is what best friends do! Okay, I'm gonna go in and change, have a safe walk, try not to pass out." He starts to walk into his house, Kenma turns around and begins to walk to his house, which is just next door to his, he clutches the shirt fabric that lays over his heart.

When Kenma reaches his house, he immediately walks to the bathroom to release what he had been swallowing down. Blood. Blood and petals. Out and out it comes, into the toilet bowl. The dahlias mix in with the blood, so much it's hard to tell which is which when Kenma's eyes are blurry with tears. After he stops coughing and throwing up excessively, he flushes the toilet and leans against the wall. "Why am I so stupid.. why did I suggest that he go with Tsukishima! It's like.. it's like I'm trying to kill myself!" Kenma sobs into his hands.

Kenma crawls from the bathroom, leaving a trail of dahlia petals, falling from his mouth. He grips the jar of petals under his bed, he takes it and opens it up. Kenma gently picks up the petals from the floor and stuffs them into the glass jar, it's nearly all the way full. Kenma rolls it back under his bed, mixing in with old socks and shirts he stuffed under his bed as an excuse his room was clean.

He lays on the floor, controlling his breathing and staring at the ceiling before hearing the door open. Kuroo walks in with a bag full of medicine and crackers, which he most likely got from his house. "Hey Kitty, how are you doing?" Kuroo crouches down and pats Kenma's forehead, a soft smile on his face. Kenma barely is able to return it. "Can I move you to the bed? The floor looks uncomfortable." Kenma nods slightly and so Kuroo wraps his arms around the small setter and lifts him gently onto the bed. Kenma fights the urge to cough up again. Kuroo noticed this and frowns, "You know.. I'm really worried about you. The doctor didn't say anything, it makes me curious as to if they know what's wrong with you... sorry that came out wrong, there's nothing wrong with you." He strokes the strands of hair that usually cover Kenma's face.

"How nostalgic" they both think

Kenma frowns, he knows he's putting Kuroo through a lot, but him knowing the truth would only bring him down more. "I'm gonna use the restroom real quick, I'll be back. There's food in the bag I brought, try and eat if you feel like it." Kuroo smiles before walking off down the hallway.

"Am I forgetting something? It seems like.. I am... bathroom?" Kenma thinks for a second, but he realizes it once he hears a very audible gasp from Kuroo. "Shoot!" Kenma shoots up, his head spinning as he does.

Kuroo slowly walks out, his hand resting on the bathroom doorway, "Did you have another coughing fit? There's bloody prints on the toilet, and some on the floor. And for a reason I still can't figure out, more petals. Do you buy them often? I've never seen you buy dahlias, nor seen you show any interest in flowers; but I keep seeing them everywhere." Kuroo says, clearly confused to why his best friend is obviously hiding something from him.

"Oh it's nothing Kuroo! I promise. You can forget the flowers, they were a.. gift. Mhm, now can we put on a movie?" Kenma says, hoping the lie would suffice.

Kuroo walks over to Kenma, staring him in the eyes. "A gift? From who? It's not like you hang out with anyone but me, and last time I saw you cough them up.." Kuroo says, "There's definitely something I'm missing. Can you please tell me?"

Kenma nearly tears up again, he bites his tongue and swallows everything he wishes he could say, everything he wishes he could explain. It wouldn't be fair for him to confess to Kuroo now that he's finally found someone who can truly appreciate him, someone who can express their love to him. "Listen.. I know you're confused, and probably a little hurt, but can we please just watch a movie and relax? My head is spinning and I don't know if I can explain without it sounding like gibberish. I'll explain everything to you tomorrow. Okay?"

Kuroo sighs and brings Kenma into a hug. "Okay. I trust that you'll tell me everything tomorrow, and that you won't put it off." He brushes his fingers through his raven hair and looks to the bedroom. "What movie would you like to watch?" He walks into Kenma's bed and picks up the remote to the TV, he looks up at Kenma and pats the spot beside him.

Kenma smiles sadly and walks over, sitting in the spot Kuroo gestures him to. "Let's see.. something with action."

I love it when I post an A/N saying I'll be busy for a while, and then bam. It all magically goes away. Anyways, enjoy! It's finally getting good ✌️😘