Part eight

Kuroo stands outside the door not too long before it opens, and standing before him is a Kenma with a serious bed head, and stained red eyes. "Kuroo?!" He finally says with surprise, it took him a moment to focus. "What about school?!" Kenma asks frantically.

Kuroo's eyes drop to Kenma's white school shirt, it's stained red. He grabs the shirt tightly, "Forget school! What is this!? You said you weren't sick, I knew I shouldn't have believed you!" Kuroo says with anger and concern for his childhood friend.

Kenma looks away from Kuroo, not daring to look into his eyes. "I'm just sick, that's all." Kenma brushes Kuroo's worry off, but he can still sense his friends eyes glaring at him.

Kuroo places a hand on Kenma's forehead, causing Kenma to look up at Kuroo surprised. "Strange, you don't have a fever. Maybe we should go to a doctor.." Kuroo looks at his smaller friend with determined eyes.

Kenma sighs and lifts Kuroo's hand off his head before he starts vomiting those stupid flowers again, "Okay.. let's go.. but I'm not letting you drive." Kuroo laughs, "Fine I'll ask my mom."

Kenma nods, "Can I clean up first?" He gestures to his shirt, once Kuroo nods, Kenma goes back into the house, but the bed head captain stays outside.

Kenma trades his stained white shirt for a gray shirt with little game characters on it. He places his phone into his pocket and walks back to Kuroo. "Okay, I'm ready."

Kuroo smiles softly and places a hand on Kenma's shoulder as he leads him to his house.

Kenma feels Kuroo's hand on his shoulder and he can feel his stomach turning and throat tightening. He focuses on trying not to spew the mixture of blood and flower petals everywhere. He takes deep breaths, while trying to stay walking normally, he places a hand on this chest to try and control his breathing.

Kuroo sees Kenma breathing rhythmically, and his hand on his chest. He sighs, pulling Kenma closer, he leans down and whispers, "You want a piggy back ride? We're almost there so it's be a short one." He suggests.

Kenma's eyes widen and coughs, swallowing as much as he can, although blood still comes out.

Kuroo gasps and picks up Kenma, he runs to his house and nearly kicks the door open, "Mom! Are you home?!" He asks frantically. Kenma is still coughing, a little worse now that he's in the arms of the one he loves.

Kuroo's mom comes running down the stairs, tying her hair up into a ponytail, "Testurō?! You should be at..." she stops mid sentence when her eyes fall on Kenma, some blood dripping down his hands. "Oh my god! Get in the car! We'll take him to the hospital!" She says. The middle aged woman grabs her car keys and runs out the door, Kuroo following, and closing the door behind them.

They get settled into the car, Kenma laying down in the back trying not to get his blood and the flower petals all over the seat. Kuroo and his mother in the front, both of them scared for the small setters well-being. "So what exactly happened?! I thought you both were at school!" His Mother says, clearly scared and confused.

Kuroo shakes his head, "We were but then Kenma went running back home, I followed not long after and when I got there he had blood all over his shirt! So I brought him to you so we can take him to the hospital!" Kuroo explains, trying his best not to raise his voice at his mother.

It's a bit of a distance from Kuroo's house to the hospital, and it rages Kuroo's mom that she can't break the speed limit. They reach it soon and Kuroo grabs Kenma from the backseat of the car and gives him a piggyback ride, just as he did while running to his house, and the two walk into the building hastily, while the third dangles from his friends back and forcing himself not to let anything out.

Kuroo sets Kenma down in the waiting room and then sits beside him, he strokes Kenma's head. "Guess I'll have to cancel plans with tsukishima.." he says, a little disappointed, but he tried not to show it since it's an emergency.

That's it, Kenma lets it all go from his stomach, a pool of blood and petals stain the carpet. Kuroo looks at Kenma with wide eyes. "Oh my god! Are you okay?!" It's a stupid question, obviously not.

A nurse sees this and gasps, "Oh we need to get him a doctor right away."

Kuroo looks at her, "We're waiting for one now."

The nurse raises her eyebrow at him, "I'm guessing he hasn't told you yet. Okay. Well we need to get him immediate help. Could you carry him to a room for me please? Just follow me!" Kuroo picks up Kenma and follows the nurse into one of the rooms, he sets him on the examining table and sits in the chair beside. "I'll be back in a minute with a doctor. Sir, try and make sure he keeps breathing normally." She asks of Kuroo, before leaving.