Part Seven

Kuroo

Kuroo rubs his neck as he sees Kenma quickly walk off, fully knowing there is something that he isn't being informed of. Kenma is clearly sick, but that doesn't seem to be it, he avoided eye contact with Kuroo since he caught him throwing up.

Kuroo slowly walks to his classroom, deep in thought.

Should I look up his symptoms? Maybe I could find something to help him.. let's see.. he has a terrible cough, no fever.. I guess he coughed up flower petals that one time, but I wonder if it was just something he ate... he seemed very secretive about it though..

Kuroo pulls out his phone and searches

Sicknesses with a violent cough

And the first thing that comes up is whooping cough, "maybe he has that.." Kuroo asks himself in a whisper.

"Who has what?" A voice behind him asks.

Kuroo looks back at the person in surprise, then lowers his shoulders when he recognizes the student. "Oh hello Suzuki. Um it's nothing. Don't worry about it!" He says, reassuring his classmate.

"Well now you have me curious! Come on spit it out!" She says playfully, then pulls a chair to his desk and sits down opposite to him.

Kuroo rubs his chin a little, thinking before answering her. "My friend has been awfully sick lately.. he won't admit it though. I'm trying to figure out why he won't tell me he's sick, it's just a cough. I don't see why it's such a big deal." Kuroo sighs, "He's been acting so strange lately.."

Akira scratches her temple and then rests her chin on her hand, "Hm, weird how?" She questions.

"God this feels like an interrogation.. and strange like he won't look me in the eye, he doesn't seem fully invested in whats going in around him, or what I have to say. He's never been fully attentive, but now it's worse. Also, I think he's been into eating flower petals? I saw him cough them out, and there's a jar of them under his bed.." Kuroo sighs again, clearly frustrated.

Akira nods slowly, "Do you recognize the flower petals?"

Kuroo nods like the nerd he is, "Yeah they're dark Dahlias."

Akira laughs with a tense tone under it. "Oh you're stupid. Also who's the friend?" She raises an eyebrow, more interested now.

"It's Kenma, that second year I'm always with. You know him right?"

Akira gasps, "Oh shoot man! I saw him running out of the school on my way here! He didn't look too good, super pale." She points out. "Wait- dyed blonde hair right?"

Kuroo nods, shocked. "Wait did he go back home?!"

Akira shrugs, a little more worried now. "U-um I don't know."

Kuroo quickly takes out his phone and calls Kenma, it rings for a while.. then goes to voicemail. He tried again. It goes to voicemail. "Dammit.." Kuroo says stressfully.

Akira looks at her classmate with concern, "Maybe you should just go to his house, you know is address don't you?"

"What about class?!" He asks.

Akira scoffs, "What a nerd, I'll tell the teacher you had something important to do, so you'll be running late today."

Kuroo pats Akita's shoulder, "Thank you."

Akira laughs and pats him back, "No problem! Go get your lover!"

Kuroo laughs at her, "We aren't lovers, I already have one."

He runs off, leaving Akira staring blankly at him, "They.. aren't lovers... flowers huh. I guess he isn't so smart after all." She rubs her forehead. "Dammit.. now I gotta tell him, he's too dense... ah he's already gone. I'll tell him tomorrow.."

Kuroo has his hand tightly gripped on his school bag as he runs out of the school and down the street he had just walked earlier this morning. "Dammit Kenma you should have gone to the doctor!" He yells at Kenma, even though there is no way he would be able to hear him.

After about four minutes of all our running, he finally reaches Kenma's house. He takes a second to breathe before knocking on the door.

Silence.

He tries again.

Then quiet shuffling footsteps come up to the door and open it.