Part Six

Kenma had eventually fallen asleep after shoving the jar and petals under his bed and claiming himself down again.

It's morning now, and Kuroo walks into Kenma's house to wake him up, as he has been doing everyday since they were little. He places a hand on Kenma's shoulder, "Hey Kitty! Time to get up!" He says with a cheery smile.

Kenma doesn't move.

Kuroo sighs and shakes Kenma a little, the dyed blonde responding by swatting Kuroo's hand away. "No you need to wake up! Did you stay up late last night again?" Kuroo asks concerned. Kenma stays still, then nods his head slowly. "Gosh Kenma, you need sleep, gotta stop playing those video games!" Kuroo says, a little annoyed, but he smiles.

Kenma groans in annoyance, "I wasn't playing video games!" He says into his pillow.

Kuroo laughs, "Oh yeah? What were you doing?"

Kenma thinks for a moment, deciding what to say, he should've just agreed with video games. "None of your business." Kenma finally says.

Kuroo pushes his fingers into his black hair and sighs. "Okay then, well you still need to get up." Kuroo attempts to roll Kenma over. He fights back. He uses more force to try and get the cat-like teen from his bed. When successful, Kenma glares at Kuroo, leaving him open mouthed.

Kenma's eyes are stained red from all the crying last night. "Okay okay, I'm up.." he says softly, clearly not happy about Kuroo's expression.

Kuroo brushes his hands along Kenma's cheekbones, causing him to blush slightly. "What are you-"

"Have you been crying..?" Kuroo asks, so quietly it could've been a whisper.

Kenma swats his hand away again, "No. mind your own business." Kenma grabs his school uniform and locks himself in the bathroom to change.

Kuroo stays still, staring at his hand. I saw correctly right? He was definitely crying about something last night.. what could've made him.. Kuroo thinks to himself, racking his brain for answers. If I think about it.. he's been this way for a while actually.

Loud coughing is heard from inside the bathroom(the bathroom is like right outside Kenma's room), it sounds painful. Kuroo quickly walks to the bathroom and knocks on the door. "Kenma are you okay?!" No answer, just more violent coughing. "Do you need water?! You should probably stay home from school." It stops, bur still no answer.

The bathroom door opens up, Kenma stands in the doorway, tears streaming down his cheek, bur attempts were made to clear them. "I'm f-fine idiot..." Kenma mumbles.

Kuroo stares down at Kenma, a little stunned. That's right, he's been this way ever since he got sick. Should he go to a doctor?

"Kenma, we should go take you to the doctors, that was a nasty cough.." Kuroo suggests, then grabs Kenma's wrist to pull him out.

The setter widens his eyes and pushes Kuroo away from him, pulling his arm to his chest so Kuroo can't grab it again. "No! N-no.. I'm okay.. let's just go to school.." Kenma says, slowly getting quieter as he speaks.

Kuroo places his hands on Kenma's smaller shoulders and looks worriedly at him, "Are you sure?" He asks quietly. "It seemed like a terrible cough? Did you throw up?" He asks again.

Kenma doesn't move for a second before responding, "I'm okay you big dummy! Just mind your own business." Kenma says, his words soft and filled with a tense and uncomfortable feeling.

Kuroo nods and lets go, "Okay.. if you really think so.. let's go." He picks up his school bag and Kenma does the same thing. The two walk to school in silence, as if scared that breaking the silence will add to the already super tense air around them.

When the two boys got to school grounds, Kenma immediately split from Kuroo to walk to his classroom. Usually the two would go together, walk around, or even just hang out by the gym. Kuroo sighs, knowing full well something is up with Kenma.

Kenma stays silent, his hands on the strap of his school bag, and his head held low. He walks into his classroom and takes a seat at his desk, lays his head down and thinks.

Kuroo seemed concerned.. that's nice to know. Maybe he wouldn't mind if I told him how I felt. He wouldn't mind.. no.. I mean, we've been close since we were kids.. it's only normal to get attached to him.
Or rather.. does he think of me like family? Not necessarily any specific family role, but still family? Maybe he wouldn't like to here my confession. Dammit Kenma. Let him be happy with Tsukishima. He worked hard to get stupid salty blocker to notice him!

He holds his school uniform tightly, more specifically the part over his stomach. Which felt tight with guilt and an overwhelming tense feeling.

Suddenly he starts to cough again, he gags and coughs, over and over again. Petals coming out by the tens. Then finally, an entire Dahlia comes up and falls to the floor.

Tears roll down Kenma's cheeks from the coughing, and a few students watch him in horror. Kenma quickly scoops up the petals and flower into his bag and rushes out of the classroom, dodging the teacher, and runs back home.