Good Mornings

Gibbs pov:
A light weight followed by tiny giggles quickly awaken me from my deep sleep. Instead of being cranky at being woken up though I smile widely and hurriedly turn over to easily ticks my precious little angel. Emilia's giggle get way louder and when she starts to gasp for breath I stop, not wanting to hurt her nor do I want her to pee herself in excitement.
„Good morning Princess. Did you sleep alright?" I ask her as she cuddles her tiny body into me.
„Good! Daddy?" she answers and looks at me with her huge blue eyes that look just like mine. Smiling softly at her, slowly she starts to talk a bit more. Only a little thought since she knows pretty much that pointing to something will give her the same result anyway.
„Daddy slept really good too." I answer her and softly kiss her forehead lovingly.
„What would you like to eat for breakfast princess?" I ask, slowly untangling myself from the blanket to get out of bed and make breakfast for my little angel. She thoughtfully taps her pointer finger against her chin, deep in thought as if the decision what to eat is a live or death situated.
„Berries?" she asks me seriously after a few more seconds of thinking.
„We have strawberries and even some raspberries." I answer with a nod and smile at her enthusiastic shout.
„Pancake?" she yet again questions with that adorable pout she surely knows I am not able to resist.
„Pancakes with Berries it is than!" I tell her. Not really surprised she once again decided on her beloved Berries and Pancakes. Softly I pick her up from my bed to carry her downstairs along with me.
„You have to stay with Gerti today so daddy can go to work." I inform her while flipping the last few Pancakes over onto the two waiting plates. Hearing a heavy sigh come from behind me, but other than that she stayed silent.
„Sywup?" she instead questions as I place her princess plate in front of her. So with a smile I walk back to the cupboard to get the requested syrup for my little angel who's eyes twinkle in joy of the treat I carry. Carefully I pour some syrup on her pancake that I already cut up for her before repeating the same on mine.
„Yummy!" she mumbles and takes a mouthful of hers.
„Daddy home?" she asks after liking her plate clean which of course made her whole face sticky with syrup.
„Daddy will get back around four pm. Till than you are going to play with Gerti. Maybe you can color daddy something as well?" I say and softly clean up her face, much to her annoyance I might add.
„Nooo, Daddy noooo." she whines and tries to push my hands away but what needs to be done, needs to be done.
„All done Princess. Wasn't that bad of was it?" I say with a chuckle since she glares at me. Her arms crossed over her chest.
„Hey, is not my fault that you got yourself all messy." I chuckle even louder since she won't stop with her murderous glares. The only response is a sigh, followed by a giggle which she right away tries to hide.
„What was that sound? Thought my sweet little angel was angry with me." I feign cluelessness and that's where she breaks and her giggles fly out of her mouth without any sign of her former glare.
„We should get ready now princess." I tell her after a quick look at the clock. The time always passes way too quick if I spend it with my daughter. Her head nods a little, obvious still not happy with me leaving her at our nanny's place to go to work.
„Me go work?" she questions pleadingly, her shoulder however stay slouched since she knows that a big no no.
„Maybe another time." I try to assure her in hope to get her to cooperate.
„G?" she instead try's with hopeful eyes and of course I agree to that right away.
„We can call him when we get back home? Would you like that? Maybe we can get him to visit us again?" I say with wiggling eyebrows to get yet another giggle out of her.
„Yeah!" she shouts and claps her hands together. Happy that she is back to her bouncy and happy self, I walk back up the stairs with her clinging to my neck.
„So, which dress do you want today?" I ask and see her pointing towards the baby blue one with a little kitty on the chest area.
„Can you say the color of the dress princess?" I try to coax her to speak more. Maybe I am too over the top, but I know that she is a very intelligent little girl so I like to get her voicing what she wants.
„Blue. With kitty." she says after yet another sigh. On times like these she reminds me so incredibly much of her mother. Oh how I miss Jenny! She was such a good mum, but sadly she was taken away from us too soon.
„Daddy?" the sweet voice of my angel throws me out of my thoughts again.
„Sorry Baby Girl, Daddy got lost in his head." I say and kiss her forehead softly.
„Mommy?" she asks since that is usually where I go off into my head when I space out.
„Yes, maybe we should go to visit her on our way back home." I answer her still sad since my daughter has to grow up without a mother that would off surely loved to bits.
„Mhm. Color some pictures." she says and kisses my cheek soundly.
„Mommy is going to love your pictures princess!" I tell her, knowing that she surely would.
„Mommy still loves us?" she asks after I helped her dress and brush her teeth and hair. Feeling really surprised at her question, I tell her every day how much her mother and I love her!
„Of course she does! She was so unbelievable proud of you. The second she knew you grew in her tummy she was practically beaming none stop. She also told me all the time how much she loves you and how perfect you are. So no need to doubt your mommy's or my love to you princess! There is no more perfect being on this whole planet than you." I tell her honestly and also without a doubt in my mind, heart nor word. Because it's the simple truth! She is the most perfect human I ever met!