Chill morning

Gibbs pov:
The day till now has been pretty fun to say the least. The two lovebirds have been hanging on to each other like second skin while also playing with my little princess lovingly. Sam fits into our family extremely well and after stating that fact to G he was absolutely ecstatic to say the least. My princess has been her cute giggly self while coloring thousands of pictures. The only time she got sad was when she heard that she couldn't come along to visit Gerti. To my luck Sam and G cheered her up again by starting to think of all the different ice creams we could get later on. So while they were occupied I went to visit Gerti one floor under ours. Of course I took the pictures from my princess along with me. Otherwise I would of had another thing coming to me. To my joy Gerti was already feeling way better than yesterday and her only worry was how my princess is doing. So I Of course explained to her what had happened yesterday after we found her and how my princess is now doing again. Gerti was extremely touched when she saw the pictures my angel has drawn for her already. She loved them all, especially all the x's and o's. After promising her that I will keep her up to date how my baby girl is doing, I went back to see what said baby girl was currently up to.
„How Gerti?" my princess wants the know the second I enter the room and it really shows me how much she truly cares for her nanny.
„She is already doing way better. The doctor has told her that she is allowed to get home tomorrow if she stays so stabile. Gerti also asked me to hug and kiss you for her as well as thank you for all your lovely pictures." I tell her with a smile.
„I gets home too?" she asks me after thinking about what I have told her and that where my heart sinks again a little. How should I explain to her how important it is that she stays some more days here? In her eyes they fixed her tummy and she feels all good again.
„I am afraid you have to stay for a bit longer here little one. But don't worry we aren't going to leave you alone at all." G thankfully came to my aid. The frown shows us that she isn't too happy about the answer she got but at least she isn't completely mad at it.
„Weally? Not alone?" she asks us already poking her tiny pinky towards us to make us promise that we won't leave her here alone at any time.
„Of course princess! Someone is going to be by your side at all times." I promise and intertwine our pinky's together. The relieved sigh makes me smile, seems like she really thought that we would let her stay here alone. What a crazy thought! As if I would let her out of my eyesight without knowing someone else is watching her like a hawk for me! After what had happened just yesterday I am way too overprotective for that! A soft knock lets me lift my head from her forehead.
„Hey, I hope I am not interrupting anything?" Kyle asks softly.
„Kyle!" my princess shouts happily and opens her arms widely indicating a hug. With an excited smile Kyle walks towards my princess to hug her gently.
„How are you today Love? Did Stefanie put you back together?" he asks her softly. My princess right away nods her head happily.
„I's tummy is all betta!" she excitedly informs him. I on the other hand hand simply lean back and enjoy their sweet talking with a large smile on my face. It's really nice to see my little angel talk so enthusiastically with someone outside of the family. Especially since she normally hides behind me or G to not have to talk with someone new. She is a shy little girl. Normally she is at least! But with Kyle she right away hit it off I guess.
„No! You really are getting some ice cream later on!?" he asks her as I concentrate again back on the here and now. Of course she starts again to bounce in joy but even before I can open my mouth Kyle stops her softly.
„Shh, no bouncing love. We wouldn't like for you to hurt your tummy again or do we?" he asks her as he gently holds her down on the bed. And for the first time since we started to tell her she shouldn't do it, she seems to realize that it really isn't wise to do it.
„Tummy no hurt no more." she softly says and carefully caresses her own stomach.
„I know love, but that's because Stefanie gave you some of her special unicorn tears! That's something very rare!" he tells her seriously. Even going as far as holding her hand to the side of his mouth to make sure it's kept a secret.
„Not everyone gets them! But they are the reason your tummy isn't hurting. Still you need to be careful." he goes on and I see my princess eyes widen at his explanation.
„Stefanie has unicorn tears? Weally?" she wants to know in wonder. Kyle nods at her and hurriedly looks around them as if seeing if anyone is listening in.
„But we need to keep that to ourselves. There aren't so many and we wouldn't want them to get hurt if too many people want them too." he tells her with a seriousness as if he is talking about a life or death situation and not just about unicorns tears that are my princesses medicine.
„Mhm, me no tell no one." she promises him with determination.
„That's Great Love. But don't forget to also be careful with your tummy. The unicorn magic is healing you up while also soothing the pain but it sadly takes a bit of time. So no more bouncing jumping or running or anything else that could possibly hurt your tummy. Ok?" he asks her and to my surprise she right away agrees to that. When I turn my head a bit sideways to look at G he simply gives me a thumbs up with a wide smile on his lips.
„Would you like to join us for the ice cream later on?" I ask Kyle much to my own surprise, but seeing him interact so sweetly with my princess only shows me what an incredible guy he truly is. And I will be damned if my own uncertainty will ruin this for me. Seeing the light blush that creeps onto his cheek only make me want him to agree even more.
„I would love to. But I have to work till three pm." he says with a small frown that he might not be able to come along.
„We can wait till three pm. Right princess?" I say as well as ask my happily nodding baby girl.
„Awesome! Than i come right to you guys when I finish work." he says rather happy just like I am. Another thumbs up from G makes me even more excited. He normally doesn't agree on anyone that easily, so it's nice to know that we all like Kyle enough to try this out.