Breakfast

Gibbs pov:
As I got back from picking up breakfast I right away knew that G and Sam finally opened up about their feelings for one another. And I can't describe how happy I am for them. After all those years they finally found their way together!!
„Here! Your sugar with a little bit of coffee. The barista always looks at me like I lost my mind when I order your drink you know." I tell G as I hand over his hot beverage since coffee isn't the correct term for it.
„And your black one. I hope Pancakes are alright for you? You didn't mention any food items so I took the usual." I say as I hand Sam's coffee over and than went to set the table.
„Hot cocoa?" My still very sleepy sounding princess asks after sniffing the air. A soft smile builds itself on my face as I carefully take her out of Sam's lap and instead in my arms.
„I also brought you some pancakes. Without Berry's but I made sure to ask for extra syrup." I softly inform her and my heart melts at her excited face.
„Careful." I remind her softly as she was about to bounce again as she sees her breakfast as well as Sam and G waiting for her around the table as well.
„Yummy!" she says with an excited clap of her hands. She is just too cute for words!
„Uncle G, Uncle Sammy! Look! I gets extra sywup!" she excitedly tells them. To be honest I am not really surprised she already calls Sam uncle. She has heard about him since she was born! G also only talked about him in the best of ways and she always asked us to finally meet him. So when she saw him yesterday it was like she already knew him for years and not only for a short period if time.
„Oh, I totally forgot that I saw Kyle when I got here. He asked me to greet you guys and to tell you that he will come by around lunchtime." Sam says with a smile and slightly apologetic for only now remembering to tell us.
„Me Kyle?" my angel questions hopeful. And my eyes widen at how she calls him my Kyle!
„That's right little one! He was really worried for you as well. Even stayed with all of us in the waiting room while you Where in the OR with Stefanie." G answers her with a chuckle and mischievous eyes. Ugh, that never is good.
„Gibbs, maybe you should go to lunch with him and our little one?" he asks innocently. As if I would fall for that trick. However just as I wanted to decline his idea my princess clapped her hands happily at it.
„I don't think that's a good idea. You shouldn't leave the hospital so soon princess and Kyle surely can't stay for that long. He after all has to work today as well." I softly explain to my daughter while glaring at G for even mentioning that idea.
„Well, than maybe another day?" G says with a challenge in his eyes since he knows I would do it if my princess really wants it. And of course she does! She hit it off with Kyle right away! Not that I don't like him, it's just so confusing to have all those feelings again. And for a man now as well when till now I only ever felt that way for a woman.
„Why don't you eat up your breakfast while it's warm princess. We can talk about going out for lunch a bit later. Yeah?" I ask my princess who agrees without any fuss. Surely only because her pancakes are completely drenched in syrup. A total treat since she normally gets not even half of that.
„Daddy eat too?" she asks since I haven't eaten at all. Only pushed my pancakes around the plate while my head still thinks about that special paramedic that has catches my whole attention.
„Of course princess! Daddy only wanted to make sure you eat first." I tell her with a soft smile. Instead of G she of course believed me and went back to happily eating her pancakes.
„Gibbs? I didn't meant to pry." G softly says. His eyes sad at seeing me like that and that even though he should finally be a happy camper now that he has his Sam finally as his lover.
„Don't worry about it." I say but it seems to be not too convincing. Even Sam looks at me with slight pity. How I hate that look!
„I am fine guys. Don't be silly! I am just happy that my princess is getting better. The rest is nothing I can change anyway, so I let it come to me. My bigger worry is what Vance will say." I tell them honestly. It's the truth though. Vance is unpredictable so I kind of worry what he will do now when he finds out that i in fact have a daughter. Especially since said daughter is from the prior director of the NCIS!
„That's a pretty good idea I guess." G says.
„And I already told you what you can do if he has a problem." he adds happily while Sam looks on confused.
„Let's just wait and see what he says. I did call him yesterday and informed him that I taken a few week off of work. Maybe he won't even say anything about it." I answer him with a shrug before taking my first bite of breakfast. Seems like my stomach wakes up after that first bite since I quickly take another bit and another , and before I even realize it the plate is empty.
„Daddy? I color? Please?" my princess asks me softly. And of course I agree! Who wouldn't!!?? Her beloved mister monkey is tightly held in her hand while her right one starts to color on the bed side table.
„If You need anything please tell us princess. We wouldn't want you to get hurt if you move to much." I softly tell her and kiss her head before I make my way back over to the table where the other two are still sitting.
„I hope you know that you guys can go out?" I tell them since I don't want them to hold them back. They are finally together so they should go out on a date! Go for a walk or something along the lines.
„Are you already trying to get reed of me?" G asks me with a playful pout to which even Sam chuckles. Shaking my head at him, he really is a bit of a strange one.
„You know i Wouldn't! I simply think the two of you should spend some time alone after finally getting together!" I say and see the both of them nod their heads in thought. To my surprise Sam is the first one to open his mouth after that.
„How about i take you out on a date tonight? That way we can spend the day with your family and the evening we spend some time alone? If you want to I can drive you back at night if you prefer to spend the night with the little sweetheart." he says much to all our shock and surprise.
„Really? You really are ok with it if we spend the day here?" G asks him with hopeful eyes. He always stays with whoever has to stay in hospital as long as possible. G is just the sweetest, even if he hides it usually behind his tough mask.
„Of Course! I completely understand why you want to be there for your niece. And to be honest I would feel better too to see how she is doing today." sam answers and right away has G sitting on his lap and wrapped around him like second skin.
„Thank you!" he says tearily. Yeah, G is simply the sweetest!