Late night talk

Gibbs pov:
„How is She?" I ask her right away, squeezing Kyles hand in fright something might has gone wrong.
„The sweet baby girl is still asleep. She did really well throughout the surgery thought. I was able to stitch the spleen back up so I didn't need to take it out completely." she explains with a soft smile on her face. The relief that overflows me is something that can't be explained with words.
„Thank you! Thank you so much!" I say and pull the small woman into my chest to hug the life out of her for saving my princess!
„Your welcome. She really is an incredible little girl." she says and pats my back with a smile.
„Do you want to see her?" she questions even though she seems to know the answer already with the knowing smile plastered on her face.
„I am afraid there are only two visitors allowed right now. She is freshly out of the OR and needs some time to recover." she says as the whole team stands up to follow.
„I should head out now too. It was really nice meeting your daughter and you." Kyle says with a soft smile adorning his lips.
„Likewise. Maybe we see each other again?" I ask slightly hopeful but at the same time pretty sure that he won't be interested in that.
„I would like that. Maybe I come by tomorrow? Only if that's ok for you?" he asks slightly embarrassed since he sounded so eager while I on the other hand could jump in joy at the positive answer.
„Most definitiv alright with me." i say with a smile. With a shy smile he waves slightly before turning around to leave the waiting room and go home instead.
„Sam, since I am guessing that G is coming upstairs with me, why don't you already head back to my house? It's unlocked anyway so no need for a key." I ask not wanting him to keep on waiting in those uncomfortable chairs around here. His appreciated smile is answer enough as he once more hugs both G and me as   Well as says his well wishes for my daughter. My team also hug me once more before the leave, much to their annoyance I might add. They all wanted to finally get to know her after all.
„Ready?" Stefanie asks with an enthusiastic clap of her hands. We nod our agreement and so she starts to lead the way.
„I am not sure if you would want to stay the night with your daughter, but just in case I put a second bed in her room. Other than that, just let her sleep everything off and if anything should change or you have any more questions just call me." she says with a wink my way at the bed part after she stops in front of a patient room that seems to hold my princess.
„Thanks again! And thanks for the bed!" I thank her once more to which she simple smiles before walking off.
„Ready?" G asks me softly as I was about to open the door.
„More than anything. Yeah." I answer and step into a colorful bedroom that my princess surely is going to enjoy when she sees it. Currently she is peacefully sleeping on a bed. Not too far away stands another one, just as Stefanie has informed us on.
„I never thought that this would be the way this day would end." I quietly say as I softly caress my angels cheek lovingly.
„I agree! Thought we will have one of our pizza dates on Skype. Was really looking forward to that to be honest." G says as he takes a seat next to my princess bed. Chuckling at his sentence.
„Believe me, I would of preferred that too. Not that I don't like you here, quite the opposite, you know that. But I would prefer my sweet princess not to be hurt." I answer him quietly. Not wanting to wake said sleeping girl now between the both of us.
„I know." he says with furrowed brows and a look I can't pinpoint.
„What's the matter G?" I ask softly. Something is bothering him and I want to know what it is to be able to help.
„How do you think this all will turn out? Not Emilias condition since I simply know that she will be back to completely healthy again. But what is your team going to do with the knowledge of you having a daughter? Vance? Hetty? They all are going to find out sooner or later, and than?" he asks me with real worry in his usually carefree eyes. Not knowing the answer to that questions, I simply shrug my shoulders.
„The team won't mind. Vance might be a problem, maybe even some of my enemies. Hetty on the other side won't be able to do much about it." I answer after thinking about it for a few moments. His understanding nod makes me chuckle.
„What? Not even five minutes ago you were worried and now you are back to your calm self?" I ask with yet another chuckle since he smiles innocently at me. Innocent my ass!!
„If Vance does have a problem with it. You could, you know, retire? Afternoon you guys could move to LA. I would love to have you close around at all times." he says slightly joking but also with honesty. That's simply so G it's incredible.
„I am not that old, you know." I Mutter with a shake of my head. Knowing fully well that I could retire without any trouble, but I enjoy my work and I don't feel old enough to stay at home and not work anymore.
„I saw that. Kyle was pretty interested down there." he says with a wink, followed with a chuckle since I am definitely blushing. At least my face feels really hot which indicates blushing usually.
„Don't be stupid, he simply wanted to know how my sweet daughter was doing. It's not like anyone his age would find something like mine appealing." I say and feel a slight sting in my heart. It's the truth though, even if I really fell for a man instead of a woman, that still doesn't mean the attraction is on both sides.
„Who's acting stupid now? He was worried about our little one, that's true but the way he looked at you is nothing like you look at just anyone. Other than that, you just informed me on how you aren't that old!" he says with sympathy however with a slight chuckle in the end. That's just why you never can win an argument with him, he turns your own words as long till they agree with his opinion.
„G, listen. I know you mean well, I really do, that's the only reason you still are in that room. But I don't even know if I swing that way. Till now I only ever been with woman and you know that. And don't get me wrong, but guys like him, can have whoever they want, so there is no way in hell he would choose me." I tell him after taking a deep breath. This whole thing is confusing enough without him trying to help.
„Gibbs, You remember when I told you about my orientation? You were the only one I have ever told that and still are. That's because I trusted you to not hate me. And i can guarantee you that if you wouldn't be my best friend, I would totally go for you." he states seriously and just as I wanted to interrupt he lifts his hand in the air to make me listen.
„Age is only a number. You are caring and sweet, all that gruffness is to protect yourself and the knowledge that you would do absolutely everything to help your family is incredible and really sexy if you ask me. And I am a hundred percent sure Kyle thinks so as well. If someone would look at me like that I wouldn't even think about it. And you certainly wouldn't think about it if you wouldn't swing that way. Trust me! I tried really hard to, but if you don't swing a certain way it won't make you tingly. It won't make you think about if the other one likes you too." he ends his explanation with a soft smile while I am completely overwhelmed with my emotions. There is simply too much going on to now also think about something like that. But he is right, if i wouldn't have felt the way I did about Kyle, I wouldn't even think about which way I swing.
„Thanks for, you know. Say all that. I guess you are right in certain points, but I think he was eyeing you and not me." I tell him. Those two would fit better together anyway. The displeased pff was kind of expected.
„And I could never hate you, not even when you annoy me from time to time." I say with a chuckle since he smiles widely at me.
„Anyway, where you serious about staying for two weeks? I am sure my baby girl would love that idea." I say to change the topic which he obviously knows but allows anyway.
„Sure, why wouldn't I? I think I need some time apart anyway so it would solve two things at once." he says with slight uneasiness which I hate to say the least.
„You could tell him, at least you would finally know. And if it won't work out you could move to DC instead of us moving to LA." I softly say. The heavy sigh makes me look up only to see him wipe away some tears.
„G." she say in a whisper and quickly walk towards him to hug him.
„You are hurting since forever. At the beginning I understood, but now it's time. I can't keep on watching you getting more and more depressive over something like that. It's either in or out, but no matter what you will always have us in your life. And it surely is going to hurt like a bitch if he doesn't feel the same, but than it's an end and you can find someone worthy of your love." i softly whisper in his ear while his body shakes from the choked up sobs that he can't hold on in. Being done with my talking thought, i simply am holding him in hope to comfort him. Just like he had done not too long ago.
„I am going to think about it. You are right, this is going on for way too long now anyway." he says after I don't know how long while furiously wiping away his tears.
„Are you going to sleep here as well? We can scoot the beds together?" I ask him since I know how he hates to be alone after such a breakdown. The relieved nod makes me kiss his forehead softly, just like I often do to my princess. Just as I was about to scoot my bed next to my princess bed, the door opens to reveal Stefanie yet again.
„What are you planing on doing?" she asks confused to say the least.
„Scooting the beds together so we can all fit on it." I tell her in a duh tone. To my surprise though she giggles at that before telling me that she can't allow that since she needs to make sure she can always get towards my princess if something should happen. Understanding the explanation, I instead shrug my shoulders and lay on the bed and wave G over to it as well. It's not the first time we sleep in one bed anyway.
„Goodnight G. Thanks for your help." I say with a tired yawn.
„Good night to you too Gibbs. Thanks for letting me stay the night." he answers already half asleep.