Injured

Gibbs pov:
The moment we get out of the run down place, my team surrounds us with wide eyes. Even Abby is here!
„Ducky, can you take a look at her? Please!" I ask him, ignoring the others.
„Where ducky?" my sweet little angel asks excitedly and with a small frown since she can't find her beloved ducks. Instead she is surrounded by people she doesn't know. The chuckles only seem to confuse her more than she already is.
„No ducks princess. Ducky is the name of my friend over there. He is a doctor." I explain softly and see her tiny arms curl around herself since she hates needles and medicine with a burning passion that should be impossible by someone as young as herself.
„No." she says with shining eyes, obviously on the brisk of crying again. So without thinking much into it, i sush her softly and start to whisper words of encouragement into her ear.
„Your daddy only wants to make sure nothing is badly injured little one. I know doctors are scary but Ducky really is a nice one." G try's to help me make her agree to let ducky look at her.
„Stay?" she asks after a few more minutes of thinking. Without any hesitation at all I promise her that I won't leave her side, as does G and even Sam has to promise much to all our surprise. He however beams in joy that my baby has taken a liking to him as well as trusts him already.
„No needles!" she says with finality which only makes me chuckle. She is just so much like myself and Jenny. At times like this it's so plain obvious that it nearly hurts.
„How about i only look you over for now? Maybe we won't need any needles. Is that alright dear?" ducky softly asks in hope to not frighten my daughter that still clings onto me for dear life even more.
„Show!" she simply demands with calculating eyes and I really have to hold onto me to not burst out laughing at my whole teams shocked stares. After ducky has shown my princess that he wasn't hiding any needles in his hands nor in his pockets she nods in satisfaction. So after one more nod she lifts his hand over towards ducky. Her eyes still untrusting, not sure about the new man that in top of it is a doctor. He slowly starts his examination on her face, always explaining exactly what he is going to do as to not frighten her.
„I think a few bandaids and a bit of cream should do for your lip as well as your cheek dear. Does anything else hurt you?" he says and asks her. She quickly turns to me, not sure if she should say anything or not, after all, she has been mute the whole time ever since I handed her over to Ducky.
„It's alright princess, he only wants to help you feel all better again." I say and cradle her against me yet again. Of course feeling all the stares on me, however not caring in the slightest. This is about the well-being of my daughter and I will be damned if I won't do absolutely everything in my power to make her feel better and safe again.
„Tummy." she whispers into my chest with a wobbly lip. Since I don't want to let go of her again, I simply nod towards G to lift her shirt up for me. Carefully to not hurt my baby girl any further, G lifts her shirt and winces as he sees the huge black bruises around her stomach. The anger right away comes back into my system and I swear I wish Svetlana was still alive simply to torture her for hours before killing her! A soft whimper right away throws me out of my head and back to the here and now where Ducky softly examines my princess tummy. The frown on his face deepens more and more the longer he probes and listens and whatever doctors usually do while examining the stomach.
„I am afraid we need to get an ambulance for you darling. It looks like you have some fluids in your tummy that shouldn't be there." ducky says and looks at me to let me know that he seriously is worried for my baby's health.
„Already on it!" Ziva says even before anyone else could react, still in utter shock that my daughter still is in danger.
„Daddy?" she asks me frightened about everyone's reaction. So I do the only right thing to do at situations like this, I lie. Not to be mean or anything like that, but simply to sooth her that there is no need to worry at all.
„It's fine princess! Daddy is going to come along with you, need to make sure nothing happens to my angel." I softly say and kiss her forehead lovingly.
„I am sure there is nothing wrong anyway. Ducky only wants to make sure nothing is wrong and that's not easy out in the open." i go on with my reassuring.
„Your daddy is right little one! And you can even drive in an ambulance isn't that really cool!?" G joins me with a smile on his lips. His eyes though show a whole other story, he is just as frightened for my daughter as I am.
„Maybe they make an ultrasound. You remember the yucky gel they put on my chest the last time I was hurt?" I ask her with a small shake of my body to show her my distaste Of said gel. And to my joy, she giggle like I hoped she would.
„Daddy Stay?" she asks when she finishes with her giggles a bit unsure but still with a smile on her cute lips.
„Promise princess! I won't leave your side." I promise just as the ambulance arrives. Ducky right away goes towards them to explain the situation and his suspicion as well as to make sure to not frighten my precious angel any more.
„Hey love! Ducky said you need a transport to a hospital to get an ultrasound. Is it ok if your daddy lays you on the stretcher?" one of the ambulance drivers asks her with a reassuring smile.
„Daddy stays?" she asks the now even wider smiling paramedic.
„Of Course love! Wouldn't let him behind. He can even sit next to you to hold your hand. I know that you are brave enough to go on your own but I think your daddy isn't as brave as to let you go just yet." he answers her with a small wink. The giggles yet again start and I do have to say I appreciate his sheer treatment towards my princess.
„Daddy, i holds your hand. No worries!" she tells me with gleeful eyes.
„That's really nice of you princess." I say and watch as they carefully secure her on the stretcher and pull her back into the car.
„We will follow right after you little one." G quickly informs us before the door shuts and we drive off towards the hospital. I keep on watching the paramedic as he blows up a glove and knots it up before drawing a face on it simply to keep my daughter smile and giggling.
„I already informed the hospital about the doctors suspicion. So we can head right into an examination room when we get there. The doctor also is a good friend of mine so no worries." he quietly tells me as my daughter is occupied with the glove.
„Thank you! For everything! Thanks!" I thank him from the bottom of my heart. He really seems to be a good guy. He not only helped her but also made sure she felt comfortable around the equipment around the ambulance.
„We are here love. So how was the first drive in an ambulance?" he asks my still smiling sweetheart. So while those two keep on talking about how the drive was and how brave she is, I talk to the female doctor that as stated was already waiting for our arrival.
„She got kidnapped? Poor baby!" she says after I explained what had happened throughout the day.
„Don't worry, we are going to make sure she is well taken care of." she says just as my princess turns back towards me.
„Daddy? Me brave?" she asks hopefully and I don't even know how she can ask that after everything she went through.
„The bravest girl I know princess!" I answer honestly and see her face split in two from happiness.
„I heard that your stomachs hurt?" the doctor asks her softly to which she shyly nods. She never was good with strangers, so for her to even talk so much with the paramedic was an extreme for her.
„How about we make an ultrasound? Is that ok baby?" she asks her softly while showing her the machine.
„I promise it won't hurt. I only need to squint a cold gel on your cute tummy and then I am going to move the wand around a bit. See, this won't hurt." she explains and even shows her the wand so she can touch it to see there is no needle or anything attached to it.
„Kyle stays too? Please?" my baby girl asks the paramedic that simply holds his hand towards her to hold while I kiss her head before caressing her hair softly. With a small nod, the doctor starts to squint the gel on her, to which she simply states yucky. Afterwards she moves the wand around and even prints a few things. Her eyes shine in worry as she looks towards her.
„I am afraid your friend was right. Her spleen is bleeding into her abdomen which needs to get operation. It also is urgent, so I am going to inform the OR right now and then we get her there right away." she explains with a sad frown on her face.
„No!" my angel says, her lip already wobbly.
„I know princess, but it needs to be done. I am sure they are going to make you feel all better again." I softly say and kiss her head yet again. Really frightened myself for the life of my princess. The spleen isn't easy to be dealt if the damage is bigger or there is to much time between the operation and the injury.
„Daddy." she says sad as she reaches out towards me. Gently to make sure not to hurt her tummy any more, I lift her up.
„You are my brave little princess that can do that right? Cause daddy is really scared right now. Need to know that you can do that princess." I softly say and I right away see how her small shoulders straighten slightly.
„Is ok daddy. Me can do that. You stay though?" she reassures me but also asks to make sure that I won't leave her alone.
„I won't leave, promise princess. Thank you for being so brave! Daddy really got lucky to get such a brave girl." I softly tell her and kiss her whole face softly. Her giggles fill the room yet again, both, the doctor as well as the paramedic smile softly at her.
„I am afraid we need to go now baby. Give your daddy one more kiss and than we can fix your tummy." the doctor softly states. After she gave me my kiss, Kyle promised her to come along with her since I am not allowed in the OR but he is. The relieve I felt at that statement is unbelievable. At least I know she has someone by her side she feels comfortable around.
„I see you when you wake up princess." I softly tell her and kiss her one last time before they enter the OR where I can't go into. Hopefully everything will turn out alright now.