Sams pov

Sam's pov:
This whole day has been unbelievable! Instead of going to work with my partner that I was seemingly dumb enough to fall in love with, I follow said partner to DC. Why you might ask? Well, because I love that idiot! And I won't allow him to run off to anywhere alone especially since he seems to have the strange habit of getting himself hurt and nearly killed every few days. So of course I put my foot down to either take me along or to explain to Hetty where he wants to run off to. To my luck he was already in my car, otherwise the threat would of never worked. As we arrived I still had absolutely no clue what I got myself into this time. However, as he told me that it has to do with his family and about where he wants to go, I was certain that it has to do with a certain NCIS agent with silver grey hair that seems to have my loves attention at all times. It's not that I don't like Gibbs, really he is an amazing guy and even better agent. I know that no matter what he would have his teams and G's back even if it would kill him. Like I said, the guy is really great. Other than when I hear G talk about him like he hung the sun and moon while I am nearly bursting in jealousy. He never even said that he was gay anyway, so maybe I won't have any chance with G anyway. However seeing him everyday and having him this close by my side but never as close as I wished for hurts. I know I should grow some balls and simply tell him about my feelings, I am sure he wouldn't hate me for that. For that he is way too chill but it would hurt like hell. And than again there is gibbs. Those two have always been like extremely tight and I know they have secrets from everyone around them, including me, sadly. One of their secrets has come out today. A young girl, maybe three or four with those eyes that simply scream Gibbs. As I saw Gibbs and G so devasted and frightened for the small girl I knew I had to help them to the best of my abilities. The girl really is a cutie to say the least. She is pretty intelligent for her age with only slight mispronunciations here and there which is really cute to be honest. The woman that kidnapped her, Svetlana was her name, was talking bullshit the whole time, she even hit the small girl in front of G and Gibbs that nearly marched right towards the woman and therefore nearly got themselves killed. After deciding to get her in the middle of all of us, we took our positions to make sure we can shadow the others movement without any problem. To our luck the lady was pretty dumb and we got cute little Emily away from her. Sadly she has gotten as badly hurt as to need surgery and I really felt awful for that. Seeing G so heartbroken nearly choked me up to a point where I couldn't breath any longer. But at the same time, I enjoyed the waiting on news in the waiting room. I know that sounds cruel, but G has been clinging onto me the whole time. And just for the hell of it I soaked every second up the best that I could. What surprised not only me but Gibbs whole team was for him to flirt with the paramedic the whole time. Which yet again frightens me if there might was or still is something between the two agents that only are friends. Maybe G was clinging onto me because Gibbs was occupied with someone else?
„Damn it!" I shout out. My head spinning. Feeling like I finally am going crazy. I have been waiting for G to get to Gibbs house as well, but till now he didn't show his face, which means he once again is with Gibbs. It shouldn't hurt that much. He doesn't even know about my feelings so how should he know about how much it hurts me. A small ding makes me pick up my phone right away.
I am staying at the hospital for the night. The doctor said Emily should be fine but that the next few hours are going to be crucial. Hope you understand and sleep tight. G
Well, that explains why he hasn't come back till now, it honestly shouldn't surprise me. G also stayed at my daughters side the whole first night after she needed to get her tonsils taken out. He is just too sweet for this world. So with a sigh I quickly text him back that I understand and that I hope she is feeling all better in the morning. With that send off I should go to bed now myself. But yet again the green eyes monster called jealousy appeared and makes me stand up again. I am at gibbs house after all, so what better chance do I get to find out if the both of them are an item? With my decision made, I walk towards Gibbs bedroom first. What does sooth me is that there is no item that belongs to G at all. Only Gibbs stuff as well as some of his daughter. Walking into another room, I see it's Emily's, it's rather cute to be honest. It's obvious he did his best to make her feel special with all the toys and the landscape on the walls. There also are some pictures of the three of them as well as some with only Gibbs and Emily. Hmm, can mean something but also not. I did hear her call him uncle G and not dad or something along the line. The fact that she right away knew who I am after G told her that I am his partner also made my heart jump in joy, since that means that he has been talking about me. With a heavy sigh and not really any wiser, I walk back to the room I have claimed as mine for my stay and that's when I finally realize why I picked that room over the others. It's the smell as well as the few pieces around the room. It's G's room! That's why I felt so at home when I entered it. But doesn't that also mean that they aren't an item? Otherwise they surely would share a room. Right? Just like all over the house here are also some pictures of the three of them together. But what surprised me are the pictures from my family with G in it. Maybe I do have a chance? That or he simply sees me as his brother and that's why he has those pictures hung up around the room.
„Ugh!" I sigh, I probably should go to bed now. It's not like I can figure anything out simply by some pictures.