Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Once your in love, you see the Galaxy in a whole new way..... I figured that out once I fell in love with Poe Dameron at the age of 14, I was lucky that he also fell for me. Now we are 16 and still very much in love, but I'm worried.....He wants to leave Yavin 4 while I do not.

"Close your eyes!" Poe giggled. He held my hand softly and pulled me forward. It was date night and it was his turn to plan it. He stopped me and held my hips and whispered in my ear from behind me. "Now open."

I open my eyes to see a million stars scattered across the sky! This was the best view, he had laid out a blanket for us to lay down and watch the stars. "Poe this is amazing!" I squealed and jumped into his arms. Poe leans forward and kisses me softly, I lightly tug on his curls, this makes him smile. Poe sets me down and leads me to the blanket and pulls me down to lay with him. He hums as I lay my head on his chest and watch all of the twinkling stars.

After awhile Poe speaks up, "Y/N.......Do you ever want to leave? And explore the Galaxy?"

"No." I don't hesitate. "Before my mother died she told my father to keep me here, that I'd be safer on Yavin 4 because of  the dangers across the Galaxy. I'm not going to go against her wishes Poe." I sit up and hug my knees. Poe also sits up and sighs. "Poe I think I'm ready for bed." I whisper. Poe get ups and helps me up, he holds my hand and starts walking me back, but then he stops and stares at something. "Poe?"

"What? Oh! I'll see you tomorrow, I love you!" He kisses me slowly.

"Yeah....I love you to." I watch him for a moment and follow his gaze but see nothing, before returning home.

Then my heart shattered the next day.....

Poe was missing.

"Kes, where is Poe?" I ask, his father, looking around.

"Y/N, he's gone. I'm so sorry. I heard someone say they saw him get onto a ship and leave. He always talked of leaving but I didn't think he'd do it so soon.

"No. He wouldn't leave like this!"  I began to panic.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I should give you this. He was going to give it to you on your birthday next week." Kes hands me a silver locket. I open it up to see a picture of Poe on one side. I clasp it in my hand tightly and back away, tears starting to spill.

"Th-Thank you Kes." I say before running out.

I would find Poe.

I know he wouldn't do this!