Chapter 2 - A New Start

It has been over 2 years since Poe left, I had searched all over Yavin 4 for him and asking around for him. He was actually gone. We both are 19 now, it's our birthday today. We figured out that we shared a birthday at the age of 6, my favorite memories of him were on our birthday.

"Happy birthday Poe." I whisper as I look up to the sky. I came back to our spot, where we had our last date. I quickly turned around when I felt a presence behind me. "Oh, Princess Leia! It's a pleasure to meet you!" I stand up and bow.

"Please Y/N, call me Leia." She laughs. Leia comes over and stands next to me. "Are you alright?"

"Well, not really."

"It's Poe, Isn't it?" Leia softly smiles.

"Wait how did you know that? And how did you know my name?"

"I remember when you both were 6 years old, your mother brought you to meet me and Poe and his mother was there also. You both were adorable. You both and my son Ben got along very well." She looks up to the stars, remembering the memory.

"Why don't I remember this?" I ask her.

"You were little, I would be surprised if you remembered."

"How come you are in Yavin 4?" I ask another question.

"To find you, my curious friend." She laughs. "Kes has noticed that you are force sensitive. So I offer you a place at my brothers, Luke skywalker's temple. I know it's a little late but you can still train."

"I can't. My mother-"

"Your mother wanted you to become a Jedi. Just like she was." She cuts me off. She stops me before I ask another question, "Yes, she was a Jedi. Luke trained her. The story your father has been telling you was a lie. You were originally supposed to stay with me and then start your training but your father took you."

I think about what she had said and start to agree. My father was always a liar, so I'm not surprised that he lied about this. "She really wanted that?"

"Yes. I promise you." Leia holds my hand.

"Okay. I will train. You know, I think I remember Ben. He has longer black hair?"

"Yes that's my Ben. You'll see him at the Temple. He's your age." She smiles and leads me to a ship.  "I already got your things." She stops me from asking. I sit next to her and continue to talk until we reach the temple. A man and a younger boy are waiting for us.

"Ben!" Leia smiles and hugs him.

"Ben?" I ask, looking him over.

"Y/N! It's been so long!" He hugs me and smiles.

"Ah young Y/N!" The man says and shakes my hand. "I'm Luke Skywalker." He smiles.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."  The man leads us all down a path, I stay next to Ben.

"I remember you now. You were always really funny."

"Funny?" He elbows my arm and laughs.

"Yeah, you always made me laugh. I remember I fell and scraped my knee and you kept fake falling to make me laugh."

"Ah, I remember that. And I'd make silly faces. You and Poe were my Best Friends. I'm glad your back, you got a lot of catching up on your training to do. But I'll help you." He smiles.

Leia helped me get settled in my own hut, I was in between Luke and Ben. She sat down with me and held my hand. "You know, I looked for you. For many years. Until I finally made contact with Kes. I was relieved to find you. You look just like your mother, your almost her twin." She pushes a piece of my hair back behind my ear. "If you need anything, Luke will let you contact me. Same with Ben, you both can contact me." She pats my cheek.

"Thank you Leia." I instantly hug her, wanting to feel a mother's hug.

Soon she leaves, and now I start my training in the morning with Master Skywalker.....I'm scared.

The next morning was scary to me. I changed into black robes and met Master Skywalker outside of my hut.  We walked into the forest and he had me sit down on a log. I was terrified.

"Alright, what do you know about the force?"

"Um....it's like a weapon that Jedi's use. You can make things float." I shrug.

"Wrong. The force is not a power you have, it's not about lifting rocks. It's the energy between all things, a tension, a balance. That binds the universe together. Now close your eyes, and breathe. Reach out to the force." I do as he says and start to focus. "What do you see?"

"Beneath the temple, there's life, warmth. Death and decay, that brings new life."

"And between it all."

"An energetic, balance. A force. The same force that's inside me."  I say.

"Good. Very good." I open my eyes to see that I'm floating.  I drop down and smile.  "I want you to try to lift up that log. Using the force."

I reach my hand out and focus on the log. The log starts to lift into the air, I set it down in front of Luke and smile. "Your doing great! Why don't we take a break?"

My first day wasn't so scary, I think this journey will be great!

Hi! Just letting you know in the first couple chapters there will be a lot of time skips! Thank you💕💕