Chapter 17 - Heartbreak

I sit alone across the room from Rey. She refuses to talk to me. I could hear her and Finns conversation. "He killed my mother. And my father. I'm going to find Palpatine....and destroy him."

"Rey that doesn't sound like you......Rey, I know you...." he says cautiously.

"People keep telling me they know me. I'm afraid no one does." She shakes her head and walks away but stops when she sees me standing closer to her.

"You know that I know you. Better than anyone else. I've been inside your head Rey. And you have been in mine. I know you." Rey nods her head and wipes her tears. She comes closer with her head bowed. "Listen to me. Yes I knew. Yes I wanted to tell you. But Leia wanted you to find out your truth yourself. She wanted you to be the one to find out, not from us."

"I would rather find out from you guys then Kylo." She keeps her head bowed and sniffles.

I place my hand softly under her chin and lift her face up to meet mine. "Rey I'm truly sorry. But I know you. You know that. And I love you." I whisper. Rey hugs me and cry's into my shoulder. I've seen her cry before but never like this.

"Alright hold on! It's gonna be a rough landing!" Poe yells. Finn, Rey and I sit down and hold onto each other. Finn looks over to me worriedly when Rey lays in my lap. I shake my head at him, telling him not to question it. It's not my place to tell them she's a Palpatine.

I hold onto the two as we land with a thud. Rey stands up and grabs the dagger. She turns around before leaving and hands me my Saber. "I forgot to give this to you. I want you to know that I felt my heart break when I thought I killed you and a Chewie."

"Rey even if I was to die like that......I wouldn't want you blaming yourself." She looks at me confused. "I saw inside your head, I saw what happened. That was not your fault. Do you understand?"

"Yes." She whispers. We all exit the Falcon and make our way to the end of the cliff. The little Cone shaped droid that Rey had found comes rolling up.

"Wh-what is that?"

"It's the Death Star. A bad place from an old war." Rey says, looking at me.

"It's gonna take us years to find what we're looking for." Poe places his hand on my shoulder.

I hear Rey whisper something to herself and she takes out the dagger. I see her pull out a piece from the tip and line it up with the Death Star. "The Wayfinders there." She announces.

We all turn around when we hear someone approaching. "Heads up!"

"Rough landing." A women yells. I ignite my saber and eyes the group cautiously.

"I've seen worse." Poe shrugs.

"I've seen better. Are you Resistance?" She asks Poe.

"That depends."

"We picked up a transmission from someone named Babu Frik." She says.

"Oh! Babu Frik! He's one of my oldest friends!" 3PO exclaims. I look over to Rey confused but she just shakes her head.

"He said you'd come. He said you were the last hope."

"We have to get to that wreck. There is something inside that we need." Rey steps forward.

"I can take you there by water."

"Have you seen the water?" Finn asks.

"Not now. Too dangerous. We can go first light tomorrow."

We can't wait that long. We don't have time." I say, shaking my head.

"Or choice. Let's get that ship fixed. Do you have any spare parts?" Poe asks.