Chapter 6 - The reveal

So the "best" pilot has been gone for quite some time now. I don't even know if he's alive. But we got word that he might be. He would be returning today, because I have to go get him.

"I can't take him in my X-Wing. It's only made for one pilot." I say to Leia.

"Take the one that does fit two." Leia rolls her eyes.

"I don't even know his name."

"You'll find out soon." She laughs. "The coordinates are in the X-Wing already. Take your squad with you." She pats my shoulder and walks away.

"Let's go boys." I sigh and get into the new X-Wing. "Alright to Jakku and back. Pick up some guy who you don't know." I whisper to myself.

The boys and I take off, I jump into LightSpeed and the get out when we reach Jakku. I follow down to where we heard where is was and land in the sand. I get out and look around for a man.

Eventually I hear yelling. "Hey! It's me!" The man comes running. The man looked bad, he had bruises and cuts all over. "Oh it's you guys."

"Get in." I turn around and get back into the X-Wing. The man follows and sits behind me. I ignore the man and take off, I jump into LightSpeed and wait.

Of course he has to talk.

"I'm Poe Dameron, what's your name? Or is it actually White Death?" He chuckles

"Did you just say Poe Dameron?" I turn around to look at him.

"Um yeah I did?"

"Fucking bitch." I whisper.

"Excuse me?"

"Just shut up, your a bastard I hope you know that."

The whole flight was silent, we finally land back on base. I jumped out and started angrily walking into the base. "Hey wait! How do you know me?"

I turn around and slap him. He rubs his cheek and looks to me confused. "What the hell was that for!" He yells. I angrily take off my mask and stare at Poe, his eyes widen. "Y/N?" He asks and steps forward. When he tries to pull me in for a hug, I twist his arm and throw him on the ground. I then ignite my saber and hold it up to his neck.

"Don't touch me, and don't talk to me." I spit. I give him one last kick to the side and put my mask back on and return inside the base. Shortly after Poe does also and he thankfully stays away from me.

"It's only a piece to the map." I hear him say to Leia.

I look over to the coms screen and see an urgent message. I listen to it, and wave Leia over. Once she listens to it she looks up worriedly. "We need to get to Takodana! The First Order is attacking there! They just destroyed Hosnian Prime!" She yells.

We all rush to get into our ships, getting ready to take off. Poe looks over to me again with a sad look before getting into his own X-Wing. "Follow me boys." I say.

I immediately started shooting once we reached Takodana, there were so many Ties. I looked over and saw Poe destroy 4 in a row. I slightly smiled but then focused on the task. I shot down at the Troopers on the ground then landed my X-Wing.

I immediately jumped out and ignited my saber. I noticed another man with a Saber, he looked at me and smiled brightly. I split my sabers and jumped up and slashed it down on the group of Troopers surrounding the man. I easily took them out and looked at the man for a moment. "White death." The man whispered. I had noticed a large furry thing walking and then another man.

"Chewie." I whispered. I smiled and ran towards the two.

"Y/N?" Han looked me over curiously. "You look good kid." He chuckled.

"Looks like we took out all the troops. They are retreating. It's nice to see you Han." I instantly looked over when the other man started yelling.

"Rey!" He started to run. I then saw Kylo Ren. He was carrying a girl onto his ship. I looked over to Han confused on who the girl was and he just stared, emotionless.

But he looked away when he saw Leia's ship land. I left him to catch up and approached the other man. "Hey are you alright?" I ask.

"My friend Rey. He took her!" He panicked.

"Hey, it's okay, we will find her." I grabbed onto his shoulder. "I'm Y/N."

"Finn. It's a pleasure to meet you." He smiled.

I kept my arm on Finn as we walked to my X-Wing. "You have a ride back to base?" I ask.

"I-yeah I do." He looks away.

"We'll catch up back on base. We will find your friend."

"Thank you." He smiles and walks towards Han.

———————————————————————

Back on base I still ignore Poe. I make my way over to Finn but he starts running towards someone.

Of course he knows Poe. I take my mask off and wait for Finn to finish talking to Poe. The two men make their way over to me. "Y/N! Do you know Poe?" Finn smiles.

"Unfortunately." I roll my eyes. Finn looks at us two confused but then shrugs. "Come on, let's go talk to Leia." The two men follow me into base and I leave Finn and Poe to talk to Leia about Rey.

I make my way over to Han and pat his shoulder. "Well it's been a long time my friend." I smile.

"What's with you and that guy Poe? I see the way you look at him, your pissed. You look just like Leia when she looks at me." He chuckles.

"He's just an asshole." I laugh.

"Hey kid......it is really nice to see you. I've missed ya." Han pulls me in for a hug. I take a moment to stay in his embrace, I've missed a fathers hug. It reminded me of Luke.

"So what are we going to do about this Rey girl? I told Finn I'd help him, but I don't know who she is."

"Well she's just like you. She actually reminded me of you when you were 19. She's 19, a young one." I smile and nod, and make eye contact with Poe.

Han walks away to Leia and they get into deep conversation. I walk out and notice Poe follows me. "Y/N! Please let me explain."

"Get away from me Dameron." I yell back.

I decide to skip out from the meeting.

I thought about sleeping until there's a knock on my door.

"Y/N."