Chapter 14 - Spy

"Come with us!" Poe begs.

"No, I need to keep training Rey. It's important." I kiss him goodbye. "I love you. Be safe."

"Yeah you too." He huffs and gets on the Millennium Falcon. I roll my eyes and make my way over to Rey. "Hey let's go. Leia will be joining us today."

The three of us go into the forest. Rey settled down on the ground and closes her eyes while Leia and I look at the nature in peace. Eventually I notice Rey is floating in the air, with rocks. "Be with me. Be with me........their not with me." She huffs and flips down.

"Rey be patient." I say.

"I'm starting to think it isn't possible.....to hear the voices of the Jedi who came before." She huffs.

"Nothings impossible." Leia says, smiling.

"Nothing's impossible. I'm gonna run the training course." Rey grabs Luke's saber from Leia.

"Meet us back on base. Be careful Rey." I pat her shoulder. Leia and I walk in silence. "Mom are you worried that Palpatine might have returned?"

"Of course I am. But I have hope."

"It's been 8 months since we've heard anything. The last time it was just whispers.  I'm mostly worried about Rey. Mom she needs to know."  I hold onto her hand.

"She can't know. Not yet. She must discover her truth by herself."

After an hour of walking around we finally reach the base and we go into Rey and I's quarters. "I think Poe is angry with me." I sigh. Leia goes to sit down on my bed

"And why is that? That man loves you." She laughs.

"I wouldn't go with him and Finn. Lately he's been more irritated with me training Rey."

"He just wants to see you. That's all." She shakes her head.

"You know we've been dating for a year today. It's our anniversary and we can't do anything."

"Once this war is over, you'll have all the time to make up for it. He's a good man." She pats my thigh. We both look up when Rey comes rushing inside. She starts packing things in her bag.

"I didn't finish the training course, I got distracted I'm just not feeling myself. I know it looks.....it looks like I'm making excuses." She pants

"Don't tell me what things look like, tell me what they are." Leia says, stepping towards her.

"I think I'm just tired. That's all." She sighs. I narrow my eyes at her when she looks over to me. She knows that I know she's not okay.

"General...the Falcon still hasn't arrived...commanders asking for guidance." Connix says.

Rey then hands Leia, Luke's saber. "I will earn your brothers saber...one day." She smiles. I chuckle as BB-8 beeps up at Rey. "No you can't do it for me."

"Never underestimate a droid." Leia says walking away. Rey and I both laugh and return to our room.

"So what happened to BB?"

"Accident. I'll fix him." She sighs.

"Poe's gonna kill you." I laugh.
——————————————
For the next hour, Rey reads the sacred texts while I try to sleep. But I'm awoken by Rey. "The Falcon is back!"

We both run out to see the Falcon on fire. "My dads ship!" I whisper to Rey.

"It's on fire! Whole things in fire!" Poe comes up to us.