Ch 15

Scarlet Moth didn’t appear again, instead, I sat alone in my dream, in a pitch black room. I could explore if I wanted to but I was afraid of what I might find. The last time I explored blindly in the dark, I ran into my aunt and I’d like to avoid that if possible.

Instead I just stayed where I was, fiddling with my hair, my eyes wandered, watching the endless abyss. As I sat there reviewing what happened today I felt a slight tug in a particular direction.

This didn't feel like my aunt’s magic, it felt sorrowful and painful. Intrigued, I followed where it led me. I saw a dim glow where I was headed and found myself at the foot of a hospital bed. There was a lady laying in it, looking to be somewhere in her 80’s. Her family surrounded her bed behind me.

The lady’s eyes met mine and in a raspy voice, just barely audible, said. “You’re here. You’re here to take me to him right?”

“Pardon me madam? I-I don’t understand.” I made my way to her side, her eyes following my movements. Ignoring her family.

She rested her head back, a small tear making it way down her cheek. “I’ve been ready for a long time now. I’m ready for you to take me.” she looked back at me. “Watch over my family while I’m gone please? I want to make sure they will be alright.”

I gave her a confused look, watched her close her eyes and take a weak breath. I took her hand trying to comfort her but as soon as we made contact, her hand fell limp. I dropped her hand, backinging into the wall startled. A wispy ghost like figure was pulled out of her when I stepped away.

I watched the old lady I just saw sit up and stand on the floor next to her body. I watched years of age wash away from her features until there was a woman in her late thirties standing before me.
Her eyes found me, though the time had been lost from them, they were the same.

“Thank you young lady.” she held out her elbow and I accepted it. “I’m ready for you to take me.” I nodded weary and started walking her to the strange portal I went through earlier.

We entered the darkness and I walked with her. We had no particular direction we were going but forward. I felt like I knew what to do, to just walk.

“You know, it’s been about forty years since I last saw my husband, after he passed away, I never remarried. I wonder if he remembers me.”

“I’m sure he does.” I reassured.

“He was always such a flirt.” she giggled a bit, her eye’s distant in memory. “Everyday he’d pick me the prettiest flower in our garden and on Friday’s he’d take me out dancing. When he got sick, I was terrified, I don’t know how I went on without him.” she looked around before lighting up.

“There he is!” She exclaimed I saw a faint glow before a man emerged, around the same age.

“Honey!” she called, leaving my side to run to him. He saw her and opened his arms to embrace her. She turned back to me, her eyes sparkling. “Thank you.” she mouthed before disappearing into the light with her husband.

Is this what it’s like being death? Seeing other people leave the world I know and then watch them leave again into the next? I felt a bit, happy I guess. It felt a sad sort of special. I disliked seeing her die, but it made me happy to just walk and listen to her. Seeing her reunite with her husband made my heart flutter at their joy.

I started wandering around hoping there both is and isn’t another tug. I don’t want people to die but what I just saw was so heart warming that I guess that I just wanted to see it again.

Instead of feeling a tug this time, I felt heavy and tired, unlike I was in my dream world while I was helping that lady. I sat up, it was dark out and Chloe and Nino were asleep, Adrien was out on the balcony.