Ch 19

Okay, I lied when I said that the one and only point of view change would be with Chloe. This chapter you will get to see everyone's point of view while they make their statements. This is mainly because I kind of want to stretch this story out longer because I’m so attached to it. So with that, enjoy the chapter!
--------------------

Alya:

“Hello, please, have a seat.” the officer before me motioned to the chair. I pulled it back to sit in it. The chair screeched against the metal flooring startling me a bit and I quickly sat in it.

“So, your name is Alya Césaire, correct?”

“Yes.” I nodded.

“And you’ve been missing for about a year?”

“That’s right, I was recently reunited with my family yesterday. We wanted to catch up before coming here and today they wanted to help me transition into a sense of normalcy by letting me walk around with my friends. We had agreed that we’d be coming here this afternoon.”

“When did you leave your house with your friends.”

“Around, seven thirty I’d say.”

“Okay, who were you with?”

“My friends, Marinette, Chloe, Nino, and Adrien.”

“But, Adrien was in the hospital until just under 2 hours ago.” I felt panic well up at that. I forgot, he was there at the time as a ghost, but they didn’t know that.

“Oh, yes, well, I mentioned him because we split up. Marinette and Chloe had yet to visit him and Nino and I thought it would be best that I’m reintroduced to the city and that we meet up at the library.”

“Where did you visit before you came to the library?”

“Nowhere really, we just walked around taking in the view.”

“When you entered the library, what did you see?”

“I saw the library destroyed, the librarian on the ground, and Chloe holding up a book in defence.”

“You said Marinette was with Chloe, what was she doing?”

“Um, well, she was being manipulated by T-Tomao? Sorry, her name escapes me.” my legs started to feel unsteady and I felt short of breath bringing light headedness.

“That’s alright. Could you tell me how she was being manipulated?”

“Well, she, the woman indicated something about being her aunt and I- it looked like she was telling her these things to join her and things like ‘she will be happy finally’. I’m unsure, but Marinette looked conflicted, but not in a good way.”

“What would you define as a good conflicted feeling?”

“Oh, I guess, a good way would be seeming to have a somewhat solid idea of what your choice might be but still tethering on the edge. Marinette looked like she was tearing herself apart on the inside. Normally, it’s easy-ish to weigh the pros and cons, not this time.”

“Interesting.” the officer nodded. “What happened next?”

“Well, Helped Marinette hide before he ran to meet Adrien, me and Chloe fought against her.”

“Was she attacking you?”

My breath hitched in my throat. “We wanted to distract her from the others and she had already harmed the librarian. We didn’t hurt her, but she did manage to do something to Chloe's ribs and later burned Marinette's face.”