Ch 20

“Oh, right, dad’s expecting me at home about now.” Adrien remembered in front of the hotel.

“We’ll walk you home then.” I suggested. The others agreed.

We made our way to his house, it wasn’t much further until we came to it surrounded by police cars and we saw Adrien's dad being escorted out in handcuffs.

“Dad!”

“Gabriel!”

“Emily?” His head shot up at her voice as he stepped into the car. We ran up to the cops there.

“What’s happening?” Emily cries.

“He is a suspect in the murder of Kagami Tsuruig.”

“What?! I don’t understand!”

“We questioned Tomoe Tsuruig and this is what she told us. We just want to take him in for questioning, I’m sure he’s innocent but it’s best to question him.”

“May I talk with him?” the officer hesitated slightly before nodding and escorting her to the window.

I couldn’t hear their conversation but Emily started sobbing by the time he was done talking. I could only assume the worst.

We all entered the mansion. Emily was unusual quite and looked around sadly, and like she didn’t recognise the place.

“So much has changed, hasn’t it.” she muttered under her breath. She took a second before facing all of us with a smile masking her pain. "Make yourself at home please. I’ll fix us all cups of coco, how does that sound?”

“I’ll help you.” my hand shot in the air.

“Okay, come with me.” She led me to the kitchen. We were silent the whole time.

“I- I’m sorry about my aunt.” I apologise.

“No, don’t be sorry, it wasn’t your fault at all.” it was quiet again.

“May I ask what he said?”

Emily burst into tears and collapsed. “I’m sorry, are you okay, you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.”

“I’m okay, it’s just that, I don’t know, I guess I didn’t truly know him. And I think that hurts worse than what Tomoe did to me.” I hugged her as she sobbed lightly into her hand.

“Okay, we should probably get the drinks to the others, sorry you had to see me like that.” Emily stood up, drying her tears. “How's your burn and cuts?”

“Not bad, stings slightly but for the most part, whatever medicine I was given has done it’s work.

“That’s good, once we get to the others, you should call your parents and let them know if they haven’t turned on the news yet.” I nodded. We set the drinks on a tray and carry them out to the others. Chloe handed me her phone I I left to another room to make the call.

After a couple rings, my mom picks up. “Dupain cheng bakery-”

“Hey mom.”

“Marinette? I’m in the middle of work, you know not to disturb me while I’m working. I need to hang up now-”

“Have you turned on the news yet?” there was silence on the other side and Iwas almost afraid she hung up.

“...No.”

“Um, so I met auntie Tomoe. And she tried to do something really bad to me. She burned part of my face.” I tried to make that sound light but it was hard with the boulder stuck in my throat and half my face melted.

“What?” My mom’s voice was quiet and shaky, she sounded like she didn’t want to believe what I was saying. “Marinette? Where are you? I- I can close early and come find you. Are you alright?”

“Yes mom, it doesn't hurt as much now. I’m with my friends at the Agreste mansion.”

“O-okay, we’re on our way right now.” In the background I heard her usering customers out and her calling for my dad. “Stay on the phone, okay? We’re getting in the car now.”

“I’m going to hang up, I’ll meet you outside.”

“Okay.”

I ran to the front yard, it wasn’t long before my parents' car pulled up.

“Marinette! Oh my goodness, she did this to you?” She studied my face.

“I’m fine.”

“I thought you were with your friends!”

“Their inside.”

“Okay, do you want to go home?”

“Yeah, I’d like that. One moment.” I ran up the steps inside to give Chloe her phone back.

“Oh, right, also, the doctor wants you to have this, apply it every 6 hours on your burn.” She handed me a bottle.

“Thanks, see you all later.” I waved.

“Bye! Get home safe!” Alya called. I left the room and was about to exit the building when I heard someone running after me.

“Adrien?”

“Ma-marinette.” he blushed.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“N-no, I just wanted to say, um.” he started trembling nervously.

“Are you okay?-”

“I like you!” He blurted out. I was taken a back for a moment before grinning like stupid.

“I-I like you too Adrien.”

“Wait, really?”

“Yes really.” I smirked. It was quiet for a second before I broke the silence.

“Well, my parents are waiting for me. See you later?”

“Ye-yeah.” He flushed crimson. I opened the door and stepped out happy as a clam. Way too much happened today that was bad that I was going to hold onto this one good thing for as long as I can.

I entered the car and we drove home, I watched the buildings pass by in a blur.

“So how are you feeling?” My dad asked, I looked up.

“Better, I’m a bit tired though.”

“Well when we get home, you can sleep as long as you want.” My mom assured me.

--------------

Welp, we're almost at the end and I'm going to be posting the last two chapters tomorrow through tears. I'm really sad that it's over but am very happy that I got to write it, i didn't write Marinette's statement so if you want, after I've finished the story, i can put her statement scene in extra chapter. At the end of the story, if there's anything else I skipped or that you want to see that i couldn't fit in id be more than happy to write it in the extra chapter.

Thats all for today, thank you for reading and I hope that you have an amazing day!