Ch 17

I raised my hand to accept hers when a force tackled me to the ground. I turned my head to see Nino had pushed me to the ground. Alya had shown up as well and she and Chloe had taken up hurling books at Scarlet Moth.

Their plan of attack was somewhat a fail, the books were deflected and flown back at them only to fall short of hitting them and falling.

“So, um, good job with Adrien, he got his old man to sign out of the hospital early and he’s on his way. I have no idea why he’s being let out this early but I’m not going to complain.”

“That’s great Nino, let go of me.

“Nope, I can feel you trying to go back to Scarlet Moth. I have no idea what’s happening but if Scarlet over here has anything to do with it, it can’t be good.”

I opened my mouth to argue but he made a fair point. “Great, well, if you could hide me in the basement and lock the trapdoor until the spell wears off on me, then would you and Adrien be up for a bit of Grave robbing?” I asked in a hushed whisper.

“Come again?” He asked, his eye’s wide.

“I need you to find Tomoe Tsuruig’s grave and unbury the body.”

“You mean dig up, also, think about how decomposed she’ll be.” he shuddered at the thought.

“If I’m right, she should be holding a certain flower and won’t be decomposed. Bring the flower along with you.”

He nodded looking like he was trying not to vomit right then and there at my request. He picked me up in a way I wouldn’t be able to struggle much and brought me into the basement, we struggled on the ladder and he had to leave me halfway before scurrying up to lock the door once he got out.

From where I was, I didn’t have much to do other than pace, every so often my body would unwillingly go up to try and break through to the trapdoor but no dice. After a moment, I felt the spell fade and I had more control over my body.

“Hello? Marinette? I saw you come in here, are you okay?” I heard a genuine sweet voice call to me.

“Emily? Yes! I’m down here. This is perfect!” I called back up and there was a bit of hesitation before I watched her faze through the ceiling and climb down.

“Are you okay? Why do you have a bloody bandage?!” She reached me and studied my features, placing a hand on my cheek in a caring motherly way, her eyes pooled with worry. I didn’t realize that my gloves had slipped off in the chaos.

“I’m fine.” I pulled my hand to my body, hiding it with my other hand. “Just, um, I’m going to do what I came here to do. Okay?”

“I- I don’t understand!” Emily cried as I grabbed the ceremonial knife from the desk. Clutching it tightly in my hand and rolled up my sleeve. I positioned it over my arm. “Marinette! No!” I froze and turned.

“Listen, you don’t have to hurt yourself, it will be alright. Things might not be good right now but they will get better. I don’t want to see you harm yourself.”

“But, I need to do this.”

“No you don’t, I know I can’t do much right now, but tell me what’s going on! You can get help. I don’t want you to end up like me!”

“Don’t worry, I won’t, I know what I’m doing.” I faced the knife again but I was more hesitant. “You're not disgusted by them?” I looked back at her suddenly feeling self conscious of the marks and veins, they throbbed a bit at the thought and I brought my hand up over my heart.

“What do you mean?”

“The- the veins, they’re gross and hideous to look at.”

“I would never be disgusted at you, they're a part of you and I would never hate any part of you. Why do you ask?”