Chapter 1

This is my first x reader fanfiction but the third fanfic I have written. I also have a Draco Malfoy one and a Fred and George Weasley one so if you would like to check those out as well I would really appreciate it. I hope you all enjoy this story and if the whole x reader thing goes well I'll probably start another. I will also continue to be doing stories with original characters as well because I have many ideas.

Anyway, I hope you guys all like it :)

_______________________________

It is the beginning of my third year at Hogwarts, it also happens to be the year of the Triwizard Tournament. I just arrived at the train station with my parents. They both gave me loving hugs before I walked away to get on the train.

While walking down the hallway I finally spot Ron, Harry, and Hermione in one of the compartments. I knocked gently on the door and watch as Harry turns to look at me. 

"Hey Y/N, " Harry says while opening the door.

"Hey guys, "I said back while walking inside and sitting next to Hermione.

"How was your summer Y/N?" Harry asked.

"It was just your typical summer in the wizarding world, nothing special, " I respond.

The train started moving and after a couple of minutes, an older lady came down the hallway.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" she asked while stopping at our compartment.

"Packet of droobles and a licorice wand, " Ron said while standing up. She handed him the package and he looked down at the coins in his hand. "On second thought, just the droobles, " he muttered before sitting back down.

A girl with dark-colored hair reached out her arm and said, "two pumpkin pasties please."

Harry turned his head and stared at her as she waited to be handed the snack. I felt a bit jealous of the looks Harry had given her but tried to shake it off. After all, Harry and I were just friends, nothing more.

Once we arrive at the school we all put on out robes and got off the train. I waved goodbye to Harry and the others and walk the opposite direction down the hallway to the Ravenclaw common room.

"Hey Y/N, wait up, " I hear a familiar voice call from behind me.

I turned around to see a warm smile coming from Luna Lovegood.

"Hey Luna, " I say while smiling back.

"Good to see you too, " she said while waving at my cat which was held in my  arms. My parents had gifted Arabella to me when I first started here at Hogwarts.

We both continued walking down the hallway to the Ravenclaw dorm rooms. I entered the room and walked over towards my bed. In front of me was all of my things, I neatly placed them all away in my dresser.

After a little bit of settling in I joined everyone else in the great hall for dinner. I sat between Luna and Padma Patil with Cho Chang and Micheal Corner across from us. 

Dumbledore began to announce the arrival of students from foreign schools. I watched as many lovely ladies from Beauxbatons strut down the middle of the room gracefully. Birds flew in the air singing happy songs as they danced their way to the front.

Soon after the men from Durmstrang walked through the door carrying their staffs which they banged against the floor, sending sparks across the room. Everyone gasped as they did acrobatics and rushed their way to the end of the room.

Dumbledore revealed a huge golden cup with blue flames coming out of it. " This is the Goblet of Fire. If you choose to enter you must write down your name on a piece of parchment and throw it into the flames. But I must warn you, once you enter you may not go back. This is an extremely dangerous challenge and is to be taken very seriously, " he explained.

The students around me began to whisper about the tournament and whether or not they would enter. Personally I wouldn't be interested in something like that. I was smart enough to know it would only get me hurt, or worse.

"Because of this reason, "Dumbledore continued, " you will only be allowed to enter the tournament if you are above the age of seventeen."

Many of the students started to boo and complain about the age rule. I hear two voices yelling much louder than anyone else in the crowd. Immediately I had recognized them as Fred and George.

Dumbledore yelled, "Silence, " scaring everyone and making the room fall quiet yet again. "This is very serious, I myself have put an age line around the cup so you will not be able to enter if you are not of age."

After he was finished explaining everything all of the students began to dig into their food. I was excited about the tournament and to get to watch everyone who would be competing. Although I didn't know very many of the older students personally but knew their names.

It would be especially interesting to get to spend the school year with students from totally different schools.

After I Finished eating I lef the great hall and went to try and find Harry. Finally I saw the back of his head with Hermione and Ron beside him. Quickly I ran to catch up to him in the hallway.

"Excited about the tournament?" I asked while walking beside them.

"Totally, it's going to be wicked, " Ron responded, "too bad about the whole age thing, the twins are angry about it.

"We're going to get in that tournament, " Fred said coming up from behind, startling me. How did they manage to arrive the second we started talking about them?

"Are you sure about that?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Positive, " Fred and George both replied at the same time.

I laughed slightly before rolling my eyes, knowing that whatever they would end up planning was going to fail drastically.

I eventually split up from Harry and the others and walked back to the common room. Inside sitting on the couch was Cho Chang. I give her a fake smile before heading up to my room. 

Ever since seeing the way Harry looked at her this morning my jealousy had grown. Of course I would never admit that to anyone. I knew it was stupid to think because obviously Harry only saw me as a friend. But for some reason, there was a small voice in the back of my mind telling me that I wanted more than that.

__________________________________

Sorry this chapter is a bit on the shorter side, the next one will be a bit longer. Also sorry if there are any mistake I'm just getting used to the new writing style.

I hope you guys all enjoy the new story even though not much has happened yet. I promise it'll get more exciting than this but the first chapter is just kinda to learn what is going on at the moment.

I am still struggling a bit with the title so don't be suprised if I change it, I just really wanted to get this chapter out!

I'll probably ask you this every chapter and you may get annoyed with me but I love it when you guys comment so feel free to say your thoughts.

Thanks for reading and I hope you continue :)