Chapter 4

The next morning I woke up from the sun shining in the window. There was no one else in the room so I turned to my clock to see exactly what time it was. It read 7:35, I woke up really late.

Luckily I only had one class today in the afternoon but I was going to miss breakfast if I didn't hurry.

I jumped out of my bed and rushed towards my closet. I grabbed a cream, oversized, turtleneck sweater which I tucked into a pair of denim overalls. Lastly, I paired it with a few gold chains, white socks, and black converse.

I brushed my teeth and hair before leaving my room for the great hall. I quickly walked down the hallway and entered the large room. I sat down at the Ravenclaw table all alone because the rest of my friends must have already eaten.

"Mind if I sit here?" a voice asked from behind me. I turned to see Harry awkwardly smiling down at me. 

"But you are a Gryffindor. Why aren't you sitting with Hermione and Ron?" I asked with a confused face.

"Reasons, but it doesn't matter, " he said while sitting down.

I was a bit worried so I tried prying once more, "do you want to talk about it?"

He sighed before responding, "Ron doesn't believe that I didn't put my name in the goblet and of course Hermione sided with him."

"If it makes you feel better, I know you didn't put your name in the goblet, " I replied, trying to sound as reassuring as possible.

He looked up from the table with a bit of a more hopeful look. "Really, you believe me?" he said while his green eyes shimmered.

I nodded my head then turned back to the table and grabbed a bit of food. If I looked at him any longer I knew my face would turn the same color as his tie.

I started to eat a bit of food and Harry did the same. We didn't talk much for the rest of the time but it was still nice to have his company.

I was finally full and stood up from the long table. Harry did the same and called to me before I could walk away.

"Hey Y/N, you look really nice today by the way, " he said.

I turned away to avoid him to see my red face. "Thanks, Harry, " I managed to peep out, trying to conceal my excitement.

I walked back to the common room feeling happier than ever before. Harry had never complimented me before so it felt really good knowing that he actually cared to pay attention. 

__________________________________

The next day, after Harry's interview with a writer from the daily prophet, we met up. This time we were in the Ravenclaw common room.

We sat on one of the deep blue couches near the crackling fire. 

"It was the worst, she kept putting words into my mouth and saying lies about me, " Harry began to explain in a frustrated tone.

"Come on Harry, it couldn't have been that terrible, " I tried to reassure him.

He turned to look at me as if I were crazy then responded, "she kept calling me a 12-year-old and that my eyes were glistening with the ghosts of my past."

I tried to hold back a laugh but that didn't work out very well.

Harry hit me playfully and said, "Hey! It's not funny."

"Ok but like, it's kinda funny, " I managed to say in between giggles. When I looked back up at him I saw he wasn't even paying attention anymore, he was more focused on something behind me.