Chapter 8

Thanks for 850 views on this story! Sorry, I haven't updated in a couple of days, I took a break over the weekend then I was working on updating my other books plus I've been very busy with schoolwork but I'm back and finally writing another chapter...obviously because otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this. 

___________________________________

It was three days before the long-awaited Yule Ball. Ginny, Hermione, Luna, Abbie, and I were all going to a dress shop nearby. Ginny and Hermione still weren't happy with how I acted the other day but I hoped that I could apologize today and get everything back to normal.

We walked inside and were amazed at all the fancy dresses. There were rows and rows of gowns in every shape, size, and color. I didn't know exactly what I wanted but I was hoping for a dark blue dress.

"I'll help you look, Hermione, " Ginny said while pulling her down one of the isles. I almost followed them but instead sighed and turned back to Abbie and Luna.

"I'm assuming you two haven't met yet. Luna, this is Abbie. She is a Slytherin and going to the ball with Fred. And Abbie, this is Luna. She's in my house and going to the ball with...who are you going to the ball with?" I explained.

"Oh, I'm not going. I just thought I would join you guys, " she replied softly. I smiled, only Luna would do something like that.

"Aright, well let's start looking for a dress before we have to get back to Hogwarts, " I said before walking down an aisle, followed by Luna. I looked in the section with the blue dresses and found a couple that seemed nice.

A few minutes later we all went to the dressing room and started trying them on. The first one looked amazing on the hanger but did not look right on me at all. The second one was nice but it didn't quite seem perfect. 

I put on the third dress and immediately knew it was the one I would be getting. I walked out of the dressing room and smiled shyly as all the others looked at me.

"You look outstanding, " Luna said with a bright smile covering her face. "You look so good!" Abbie said while running over to hug me. I laughed and thanked them both before turning back around to look in the mirror.

The dress was dark blue just as I had wanted and had thin spaghetti straps. The neckline was a curved V and fell very low. The waist was tight around my body but the skirt was flowy and had a sparkly mesh layer which gave it a bit of volume.

"This is for sure the one. What did you guys pick out?" I asked while turning back to look at Abbie and Luna. Abbie held up a sleek black dress and said, "I was about to try this one." 

A couple of minutes later she stepped out. The dress was close to her body and accentuated all of her curves. The neckline had lace which connected to the thin sleeves. They crossed over each other, revealing the top half of her back. 

"You look so good!" Ginny said while running over. Hermione soon later walked over to us with a pink dress in her arms. 

"Thank you, I'm going to take it off now so we can quickly pay, " she said before walking back to the changing room.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry about the other day, " I started to say while walking over to Ginny and Hermione.

"It's whatever, " Ginny said, simply brushing me off and walking towards a chair that had her dress on it. Hermione followed and joined her at the cash register. I sighed and went back to sit on the couch next to Luna. I just wished they would accept my apology, I never meant to act so rudely.

"Don't worry, they'll come around eventually, " she reassured me. I smiled and thanked her with a hug. 

"Let's get out of here guys, " Abbie said with her dress in her arm while walking out of the dressing room. I followed her to pay for my dress as well then we returned to Hogwarts.