Chapter 2

A couple of days later Harry, Ron, and I entered the great hall, watching as many students put their name into the goblet of fire. There was a blue tint that covered the room due to the bright light coming from the flames.

All of a sudden Cedric Diggory was shoved over by his friends to put his name in the fire. I watched as he threw the small piece of parchment in and watched as it disintegrated into ash.

"Eternal glory. Be brilliant, wouldn't it? In two years from now when we're old enough to be chosen, well not you Y/N, " Ron said.

"Yeah, rather you than me, " Harry responded. I laughed a little at his remark and smiled at him, trying to get him to notice me. he hardly even looked in my direction.

I sighed and walked over to sit on the bench. I soon later forgot about it when Fred and George came running into the room with their hands raised and cheering. Everyone else gave them high fives as they walked over towards the goblet.

"Well lads, we've done it, " George said excitedly.

"Cooked it up just this morning, " Fred added.

I wasn't even facing them but I could tell the difference between their voices. We had grown pretty close ever since I started coming home with Ron for the holidays.

"It's not going to work, " I called out. They took a second then stepped over towards me, hovering on either side.

"Oh yeah, and why's that Y/L/N?" George asked.

I pointed towards the ground as their eyes followed and said, "you see this, this is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

I looked back down at George who was staring intently up at me. I blushed slightly then turned to Fred who had simply responded with, "so?"

I rolled my eyes and responded, "so, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion."

"Oh but that's why it's so brilliant, " Fred started to say.

"Because he's so pathetically dimwitted, " George finished his sentence.

They then laughed and stood up and shook their bottles while saying, "Ready Fred, Ready George." They crossed their arms together and said, "Bottoms up," before drinking the yellow-green liquid.

They turned around and jumped down into the ring around the goblet. Everyone started cheering when they successfully got in. I was a little bit surprised but hoped that it still wouldn't work, otherwise I would feel a quite stupid.

They ran around the circle giving everyone high fives then returned to the center. They both said ready at the same time before throwing their pieces of parchment into the fire. When nothing happened they once again started cheering. 

All of a sudden blue flames erupted out from the fire and the twins flew across the room screaming. They fell on the ground hard, groaning from the pain. Everyone was laughing as they sat up to notice they both were aging rapidly and growing gray hair. 

I just rolled my eyes but let myself laugh a little bit before directing my attention to Victor Krum who had entered the room. Everyone fell silent as he marched over to the goblet and placed his name in, looking directly at Hermione.

I became curious about what that may mean. I stood up and moved to sit beside her.

"So what was that all about?" I asked in a teasing way.

She turned her head, looking up from her book, and responded, "what do you mean?"

"You and Victor, of course, I saw the way he looked at you, " I replied.