Nashi~Warmth- Part 6

(Y/N) POV

Rantaro and I had just finished making the sauce as the bagel-sized dough came out of the oven. We spread the tomato sauce on the pizza dough and added toppings, and then we were done. As we walked to one of the tables I continued our previous conversation, "So who's the most interesting person you met here?"

"Oh how the tables have been turned," He replied dramatically. "Is this your way of showing me that you're interested?" 

"It's nothing like that idiot." I sneered quickly turning away as he responded. 

"Probably Miu, 'cause I understand her thought process."

"Care to explain," I pondered aloud.

"She likes to be on top of things." Rantaro chuckled as I returned the gesture, nearly falling to my knees laughing. "I didn't know you had a sense of humor Rantaro," I tried to pull myself together after a minute. 

"That almost hurts." He wiped a fake tear away dramatically and picked up the bagel pizzas we had made. We were silent on our way to our small table in the corner of the room. I could tell he was debating something internally, but I couldn't tell what. 

He placed the two plates on the table and turned around to face me, the sunlight reflecting off his skin creating a sharp contrast of the shadows on the left side of his face. He stood still a moment, as I tried to read his expression, he remained unfaulterings. 

"I'm..." He paused for a second, "the ultimate adventurer." He made dead eye contact with me as his grip on my hand tightened slightly. He exhaled and continued his sentence, "and the ultimate survivor."

"What does- ultimate survivor even mean..?"

"I've been in this game before, and I survived." He sighed in relief, he had wanted to tell someone, anyone that, the entire time. His eyes were still reflecting light, slowly calming down once more as the sun began to set. 

"A deals a deal... And- ahah, you put my talent to shammeee~, not that I've ever wanted a talent."

"Just tell me, can't be as bad as killing someone to survive." He forced a grin.

"I'm the ultimate," I paused, "singing prodigy..." I felt my face grow hotter as I realized just how difficult it must've been for him to keep a straight face this whole time; The absolutely deadly embarassment.

"Why would you hide that from everyone?"

"Because I figured that perhaps if they didn't know my talent, they wouldn't remember what I've done." I said eyes beginning to grow hot. We stood there for a minute, until I joked, "The pizzas are getting cold Rantaro." He gave a bit of a dissapointed nod and we both sat down at our little table. 

The pizza was amazing, which I voiced to Rantaro, but besides that... Our lunch-dinner fiasco was silent.

"I'm going to go get some air then," I waved goodbye to Rantaro and we split ways.  

I found myself outdoors under the peaceful dimly lit sky. It was quiet and calm the air felt as if It was almost... It almost felt normal. I raised my arm silently and let it stay there a moment. As I drifted off to sleep, my arm collapsed back onto the ground.