Nashi~Fort Building-Part 8

But before Fort Avacado could be built, I wanted to get some time to sort out my thought.

Yet before that could happen, I wanted to take a shower, mainly because I needed one, but besides that, I also just liked showers. 

As I stepped out of the shower, still debating who I should talk with, I decided on speaking with whoever I saw first. 

- [X] -

I walked down the stairs looking around for any sign of life even though the halls were creepily silent; That is until I saw an unknown red uniform, "Hello?" The red outfitted girl turned her head quickly facing my direction. Her long dark hair whipping around and she crossed her arms. 

"Yes?" 

"Who are you?" I had seen her silhouette among the other ultimate in the two meetings we'd had with Monokuma, but besides that, she was always completely silent with the same expression on her face.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N), I don't really remember my talent, um... Sorry about that... Anyways! Who are you?" I put my hand out signaling for her to shake it. She simply glanced down at my hand and look back towards my eyes.

"I'm Maki Harukawa..." She paused, "I'm the ultimate child caregiver."

"That was- unexpected..." Her frightening demeanor and monotone voice didn't really scream 'ultimate child-caregiver'...

"So? What do you do as the ultimate childcare giver..?" I trailed off.

"...Surprised? I don't look like someone who'd like kids, do I?" 

"A-heh, well maybe..." 

"Well, you'd be right. I don't like kids all that much."

I paused not knowing how to respond to Maki.

"If you're only here to make pointless small talk." She began to speak before I cut her off.

"Ah, it's not like that Maki! I was just a bit taken aback by your statement." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own."

"Oh, so even if you don't like them, they like you?" 

"I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly, either..."

"They probably consider you their older sister!"

"They probably just want someone to spoil them. It doesn't necessarily have to be me."

"I'm not so sure of that Maki," I giggled, "I used to spoil my younger nephews, yet they still liked my cousin, who also hated children by the way, more." I shook my fist in the air defeated. 

"Whatever." Maki turned around and huffed as she walked away, I was glad I got to speak with her, she looked like such an... Interesting personality... I walked down the stairs and searched for the next person I'd talk with.

After a bit of wandering, I saw a familiar figure, it was Kirumi. "Good afternoon Kirumi!" Who was I kidding she probably did even remember my na-...

"(Y/N). Is there anything you wish for me to do?" 

"Hm..! Why are you asking?" She remembered my name...