Chapter 17

"Thanks for everything, Levy."

"Anytime. Need anything more?"

"Can't think of anything. I know I can count on you though!"

She nodded her head as I ran upstairs to my phone. I dialed Jellal's number on my phone as I ran out toward a nearby field. I don't want others getting involved.

"Lucy, this is a surprise."

"Yeah, sorry am I interrupting anything?"

"No, not at all. What's up?"

"Can you meet me sometime tomorrow?"

"Yeah, what for?"

"I need your help finding someone. Well, Mira and I do."

"May I ask who?"

"His name is Laxus. He's a vampire like myself. It's possible that he is pure blood too but from what we do not know. Actually, we don't have anything of his but his gift is lightning. That enough?"

"Well, if it works like your gift, maybe? I'm not very good with the anatomy of you guys."

"No problem, meet me tomorrow? I'll try to get more information for you."

"No problem, where and when?"

"Do you know where Mira lives?"

"I know her scent, shouldn't be hard."

"Great see you there after school. We'll wait for you."

"See you," he hung up and I called Mira.

"Hey, Lucy!" Mira exclaimed.

"Hey! I got Jellal's help. Does tomorrow after school at your place work?"

"Lisanna is bringing friends over but we can meet behind my house and go from there."

"Sounds good! Thank you, Mir!"

"Thank you! See you then!"

"See you!" this time I hung up.

Hopefully he won't see us.

~.~.~.~.~

I guided my arm across my face to see a mix of dirt and tears. "Guess it's time I get up. Maybe a shower will make me feel better."

As if I was a snail, I dragged myself to the bathroom, taking off my shirt. I looked at the reflection. He looked like me but he wasn't me. He wasn't the guy who was so full of joy again. I was looking at me from years ago, the scared boy with nobody around.

I put my hands on the counter, closing in on my face. As I turned on the faucet of the sink to splash water in my face all I could think about, was her. Our memories.

---Couch---

Her tears reflected off her skin so perfectly. It's so unfair... even her crying isn't ugly. Even her crying is mesmerizing.

I wrapped my left arm around and grabbed her hand. Along with that, I extended my left leg behind her back, and placed her down on my leg, pulling her close to my body. Hoping that, maybe, she could feel the warmth.

---Tickling---

"It's the worst feeling in the world! It makes you laugh uncontrollably until the person stops tickling you!"

"Why would you want to do that if it's the worse feeling ever?!"

"Because, I want to hear your laugh! It makes me happy!"