Chapter 19

Lucy had to drag the nuisance that went by Natsu all the way back to his house. Of course, it wouldn't be so bad if a little someone stopped trying to fight her. The whole way there all Lucy would hear is Natsu mumbling "f..ire!" and shooting his hand in the air, each time a new finger would light. Of course, this doofus has yet to realize that his fire can actually burn people like it almost did to Lucy's hair a time or two.

"STOP IT!" Practically the whole neighborhood heard her outburst. Worse of all, she could hear Mira giggling with googoo eyes as if all her dreams had come true.

"Sorry," Natsu finally responded, ending his antics completely exhausted.

"Why are you doing that to yourself anyway?" Lucy grumbled, frustrated with his absolute insanity.

"The more energy I use the more you stick around," this made the vampire stop in her tracks. She looked ahead, away from Natsu who she was holding behind her back with one hand as he sat on the floor. Literally being dragged, his clothes tearing from the pavement.

"Could always just ask me next time," she carped.

"Right," the boy replied with morose. Lucy noticed his tone but paid no mind to it.

Natsu figured with all that happened today because of him, there's a good reason she is pissed. However, he didn't understand why it was so sudden.

"You don't have to stay, I have Happy."

"I said that I would stay," the golden-haired damsel reacted hastily.

Natsu acknowledged her response with a frustrated repine.

The two had reached the door, in which Lucy took the key from Natsu's pocket and opened the door. The familiar scent of cinnamon filled their nose, causing Lucy to relieve some of the tension in her shoulders. Even for just that second, the smell brought her relief even if the stress she has been under for the last while just completely encroached on her.

"Smells nice, huh?"

"It's alright," she huffed while the pink-headed boy dragged himself up to standing, all his weight was shifted on the door frame as if he was stone-cold drunk.

"Luce, will you please talk to me."

"Nothing to talk about, let's just get you back to the fire."

Natsu grabbed Lucy's arm with the little strength he had, which caused her to spin herself around. Her hair whipped, centimeters from Natsu's face. Mesmerized by the whiff that was released, he took even just that second to dazzle in the relief it brought him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lucy questioned. Natsu's eyes were stern but in a way filled with concern. He let his head hit the door frame still staring at Lucy.

Finally, "I'm not moving until we talk."

Her hand started to twitch, urging her to full-on shake.

"I- I'm sorry, Natsu," she broke down in a fit of golden tears. "I don't mean to be like this, just I- I guess I don't want to blame myself."

"Then blame me," he reputed. With the hand he was holding arm with, he pulled her into a hug, shocking Miss Lucy Heartfilia. "Stop paining yourself. Stop apologizing. You did nothing wrong. I stayed when Sting first came to the gym. I ran away because I couldn't handle rejection... rightfully so I mean-" he chuckled. "I guess right now isn't the time to joke, although I guess it's true. You're... perfect."

"I'm far from it," Lucy removed herself from the embrace, Natsu having no choice but to let her. She continued to drag him to the fireplace. After, she restarted the fire. The flames quickly sparked and crackled through the chimney.