Chapter 18

His body stopped healing, it seemed complete. His eyes started to twitch. Soon, they opened. "Natsu!" I hugged him tight. His eyes wandered.

"What the hell! Why is everything so..." I started to giggle with relief. "Magnified?" I asked lethargically.

"Quiet down! Geez!" I continued to giggle. "Sorry..." I whispered.

"Where am I?" he asked, confused. "And seriously, what is with my senses?"

I looked down, "Sting's cabin. I wasn't able to protect you."

"S-so, I'm one of... you guys?"

"I'm sorry, Natsu. I had to."

"I'm alive... sort of... because of you, don't apologize."

"It's more than just that," as if I could cry anymore I weeped, "If I didn't reject your kiss you wouldn't have left your house, you wou-"

"Wait what!" his hand started to shake like mine does when I get embarrassed.

"You don't remember?"

"I kissed you?"

I sat up, nodding my head. My hand was shaking. "What's the last thing you remember?"

He took a moment to think. "You making pancakes."

"Good, that means you only lost a day worth of memory."

"I-I ki-" I interrupted him with a kiss, it held the same amount of passion as before. "L-luce," he took a deep breath as if he was blown away. "Natsu," a wave of confidence washed over my body. He pulled me into a hug. "I hope I never forget that. But why did you kiss me, you said you rejected it," he sulked.

"For the reason that happened anyways. I didn't want you in anymore danger. Also, you said 'now we're even' and... I really like you so I took it the wrong way."

"Silly, Luce. My first kiss wouldn't go to someone as payback," he chuckled. "My butt shaking really gotcha didn't it," he continued to laugh.

"Whatever," I grumbled. He tackled me, holding me close.

"What are you so hot for!"

"Way to be blunt about it," he laughed.

"No, I mean you should be cold but you just got hotter."

"Huh?"

"Vampires are naturally cold!" I paused. "Don't tell me Gray was right."

"What could that Ice-Ass possibly be right about!"

"Flame-Brain..." I mumbled.

"WHAT! Luuuuceeeee why you gotta do me like that," he faked a frown. "What about it?"

"Fire," I smirked. I could tell he caught on because his red eyes (from hunger that he has yet to realize) lit up. "Luce! How do I do the thing!?" He asked jumping up.

"I don't know, it's different for everybody."

"Fire!" He yelled throwing his fist in the air. Nothing.

"Well that was underwhelming."

"Shush, I'm trying to concentrate. Ignite!" With the same outcome, he threw his fist in the air. Soon after, his stomach grumbled.

"I don't like that feeling," he whined. My stomach started grumbling too.

"Join the club."

"Knock, knock," I could hear Erza say from outside the door. In came everyone, each holding some medium to large dead animal. "Welcome to the vamp life, Flame-Shit."