chapter 13

Alex's point of view

I thought that agreeing to Desire's "challenge", I was going to feel somewhat like a pussy, turns out it is the best decision i have ever made in my life.

Here me out. By agreeing to this, not only do i learn to let go of a past that still torments me but I also learn to fall in love, not just with anyone, but Desire.

I know it may seem unlikely, but since the first time we met I was never able to get her out of my head. 1, because she's beautiful and 2, because she saved my life but that's a story for another time.

As of right now, there is a tiny little problem. Desire wants to go back home, and you know what i think about that...hell no.

"My family is going to look for me. Did you ever think that they could have seen the whole encounter from the cameras?" she asks

Ha. too late.

"I already took care of that" I respond with a smug look on her face which pisses her off judging by the way she's grinding her teeth.

"Look Alex i'm just trying to help you here. If i go home now i can tell them that i needed time to clear my head because i can't cope with school and shit so they don't ask any questions".

Wow, she really isn't thinking straight. no pun intended.

"that would have been almost believable if you were actually struggling at school. you get like A's for all our subjects except for Mathematics, girl what is happening with that?" i ask with an incredulous look.

Seriously her marks are bad when it comes to that subject. this could be our cover story but what the heck is she supposed to say, 'oh i couldn't calculate the square root of 5'. please, they'd smell that lie from miles away.

"I'm just trying to help and can we please not talk about my marks" she says defensively as she rubs her arms. 

Looking at her face i can tell that Mathematics is definitely a sore subject.

"If we want them to believe you then we have to come up with a better story" I say which puts a smile on her face, one that was missing since breakfast.

"She can just say that she was kidnapped and the kidnappers decided to let her go" says Antonio out of nowhere, scaring the bejesus out of both of us and earning himself death glares.

I swear to God that he can be the dumbest person ever.

"She is not going to say that"

"I'm not going to say that"

We say simultaneously.

"Why not" he asks.

Okay, I am officially about to kill this guy.

"Because there's going to be a longer investigation" answers Desire

"And i'm not ready to lose the love of my life"

'love of your life'

'love of your life'

'did you just say love of your life? you moron. now I am 100% sure that Thor meant you when he called the Guardians of the galaxy Morons. you are surely a moron.'

"Uhm, okay i have laundry that i have to do so see ya" says Antonio hurriedly as he escapes from the living room, leaving the both of us in an awkward silence.

"So...what are you going to tell your parents?" I ask, trying to break the tension.

"I'll think about something later" she says getting up from the couch "but right now i think i also have laundry that i need to do, God knows those skirts of mine wont wash themselves so bye" she continues as she heads up the stairs in a hurry.

Okay, I've got to have amnesia or something because i don't recall kidnapping her with her luggage and lord knows that i don't own any skirts...unless one of the boys is a cross dresser or is having ladies over, which will be breaking the number 2 rule which is no females in the main house.

'which is a rule you are breaking, but who cares, you're the boss right?

Yeah I am the boss. the boss who is an idiot.

'At least now you know that learning how to love is not going to a problem for you.'

Yeah and judging by the looks of it, my love's less likely to be reciprocated.

Desire's point of view

Skirts.

I can't believe that is the first thing that came to mind. I haven't seen a single skirt in this house from the amount of times i went snooping around.

'You can't blame yourself, a serious bomb has just been dropped on you.'

Yeah. i mean it's not everyday that a mafia leader claims that you're the love of their life. i wasn't expecting that at all.

Now I've got more to think about than i bargained for. coming up with the best lie to tell my family and the cops and the unexpected and totally unintended love confession.

I'm way too young to be put under such pressure which would have been amplified if she kept talking about the subject that seems to torment me.

It's probably nothing serious but i can't be acing all my other subjects and keep getting ass kicked by one.

teachers have offered to find me tutors, but the thought of being taught by someone who isn't as smart as me in general kind of bothers me. I guess i can say that my pride is the problem but it's my pride that's gotten me this far and there is noway that i'm willing to give it up.

Sitting on the bed in the room which I've been occupying for the past week, yes week because I've only been here for eight days which actually feels like eight months, my mind wanders to what my family could be doing right now.

Searching for me is my best guess. one thing i know about my family is that if one of us is usually not home by ten p.m without word then we are not going to sleep until we find out where they are and it's been eight days so it's safe to say that i'm the center of attention.

Thinking too hard is starting to get to me and since i don't have anything to do i guess i can rest for the time being until dinner time.

######

Dinner time

Awkward does not begin to describe the atmosphere in the dining room. Normally we'd have dinner with the other guys but tonight it just happens to be Alex and I having dinner.

Now i know that i can't read people's minds but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this was staged and unfortunately i am just an audience who has to suffer through the play-out of this scene.

The clearing of a throat snaps me out of my thoughts and upon making eye contact i know that i'm not going to like what is to come next.

"we need to talk" she says

Damn, nothing that ever comes after that sentence is good

Setting down my fork, i clear my throat and give her my undivided attention as i say

"okay, let us talk"

May God guide my mouth so i do not get myself killed.

Amen