chapter 14

Desire's point of view

"I'm sorry about this morning" she says, surprising me.

I honestly thought that she was going to tell me to forget about it and that she didn't mean it and was just messing with me because i'm gullible.

'just because you think that about yourself doesn't mean that everyone else does'

"I didn't mean to drop such a bomb on you. I know that you've... I mean we've got a lot to think about but you now personally have to think about what I've said and...

With all the words that she's spewing i can't help but to look at her lips. don't judge me okay i know we haven't properly kissed but the few times that we did, or that she did have left me craving for more.

"So i think that killing you will be the best option" she says 

Wait, did she just say kill me?

"Judging by the look on your face i can tell that you weren't listening to me, but i guess it's for the best" she says

"Woo, you almost had me" i say with laughter in my voice as i rub my chest to slow down my heart rate which has skyrocketed.

"Well most of what i said is that i kind of agree with Antonio's idea" she says

Well isn't she just full of jokes today

"Okay you can stop playing now" i say in-between laughter which seems to die down as i notice the serious look on her face

"You've got to be kidding me" I say

She better be kidding me. Doesn't she know that there is going to be an investigation if I say that I was kidnapped.

"You do know that they will ask me questions right? what do I say when they ask me where I've been for the past eight days. they'll ask me what I remember, who I recognize and where I've been. I know I said 'where I've been twice' but that's just to emphasis the important question that they'll ask me" I say, all in one breath.

I know that right now we are in a tight spot but she is not thinking straight, no pun intended. I can't and will not allow her to do this to herself.

"This a bad idea and you know it. I know you think that you are invincible but you need to stop underestimating the police force, they're better than you think" and I'm the prideful one.

"I own the police force" she says, shocking the knowledge out of me "why do you think that you have never, ever heard of me. think about it, all the gang related crimes have never been connected to my name because I'm not as stupid as those amateurs" she continues as she gets up from her seat and plunks herself on the seat at my right.

"I'm not going to get caught, but if it makes you feel any better i guess that we can come up with something else" she says as she takes hold of my hands, making me smile

"Yeah I think that is better" i say, looking into her eyes "So we better start coming up with new plans" I continue.

Hopefully dumb and dangerous ideas don't come up to the surface or I'll lose it and I don't think I'm ready to lose her, I just got to know her and i want to know her even more so the time we have cannot be wasted on her being interrogated and unfortunately put in jail, even if she does own the police force.

"I don't want to lose you"

Did I just blurt that out loud?

######

Alex's point of view

I've not been told a lot of things that touched me or that meant anything to me but as of right now this, what she just said, is something that I'll treasure forever.

Smiling widely, i squeeze her hands, look straight into her eyes and say

"Well, I guess we have to find less stupid and dangerous plans" which causes her to smile

"Well we better get some sleep, we've got a long day of planning tomorrow" I say as we both get up from our seats.

"I've got that" I say as i take the plates that she gathered "You are technically a guest here" i continue, throwing her a wink as i head for the sink

"Well, I guess this is goodnight" she says and surprisingly plants a kiss on my cheek and heads for her room.

There's a tingle on my cheek from where she kissed me which puts a smile on my face. well at least now i know that i didn't freak her out with my confession.

'Your stupid confession which can seriously create a lot of trouble for you'

Yeah I know that if word gets out that I've gone soft then there's going to be war, but I don't give a fuck.

She's worth it. She is totally worth it.

######

It's five o'clock in the morning and i keep tossing and turning with only one thing in my mind, what will happen when she goes back? will she forget about me? will she tell them who i am?

'She might. I mean come on, you kidnapped the girl, beat the crap out of her and kissed her without her permission. If i was her, your ass would be behind bars'

Uhgg, I hate it when my subconscious is loud. all the negative things it has to say affect me the most. I didn't want to show it to her but I'm scared. 

I'm scared of losing her. losing everything that I've worked for and most importantly, Losing the sane part of me that is left, the part of me that Desire seems to keep intact, most of the times.

Being the leader of the most undercover yet successful mafia has it's pro's and con's.

The pro's are that I've got lots of cash and I'm obviously unknown. Antonio poses as me which is also better when it comes to getting serious deals and stuff.

The con's are that I've got tons of enemies. Enemies that don't know me but are powerful enough to actually get close to finding my identity, but i will kill anyone before that actually happens.

The only people that know that I'm a girl are those that work for me and those that I've killed, which is a guilty pleasure of mine as i like to see the look of somewhat disturbance on their faces when they realize that I'm a girl.

I've been thinking for an hour as it is now six o'clock and it's time for a stressful and long day to begin.

This is bound to take my mind off of things.