30. Myriad of Emotions

"It's not about making the right choice. It's about making a choice and making it right."― J.R. Rim, Better to be able to love than to be loveable

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, milord," Hannah sighed.

Last night was wonderful. She thought she would lose something of her but on the contrary, she gained something special, something unexplainable. Something that almost broke her resolve to leave but when the dawn came and she woke up in the cold bed, she was reminded of who she was.

And now she was on the way to somewhere far from him. The carriage wheel rattled on the cobblestone with nothingness seeping inside her heart. They have been travelling for half a day, her heart accepting the heaviness laying on her and everything that happened in the morning running through her mind burning in her memory.

"I am sorry, love. I wish I could stay in bed all day with you but I had to visit the palace early today," Oliver said kissing her forehead as she got up from the bed. Her nakedness was hidden but yet so exposed while he was standing there in all his luxury dressed immaculately as the lord that he was.

He broke his fast with her in bed after helping her dress up and checking on her if she was alright. He was in hurry, she could see so she pretended to be perfectly well and happy while her head screamed this will be her reality now. Someday in the future, he will go back to his wife in the morning and even though she might be loved by him she will hate herself.

So, here she was conspiring with his youngest brother to help her escape the only reality she saw for her.

"Are you alright?" He heard Nicholas ask her.

Her instinctive reaction of I am well was caught in her throat when she realized she was on the verge of crying. She collected herself and faced Nicholas with a kind smile and a puzzle forming in her head.

"Why are you so kind to me?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked back.

"We both know I could never marry him, I was always going to be someone that would be hidden in the darkness. You could have let me fend for myself but you give into easily when you agreed to help me with escaping," She explained calmly.

He seemed to be pondering over her words while she could only imagine his answer to be easy riddance.

"No, I don't completely believe that you can not marry Oliver," He answered his expression mystified, unsure of his words, "My parents were a love match and we always heard about their fairy tale romance and I saw the glimpse of the same love in you and Oliver but I didn't know love could be this difficult. They made it sound so effortless," He paused thinking over, the image of perfection in his head cracking up.

"Till the moment you asked me for a promise to help you with your plan I believed you could have your fairy tale ending but I am not sure anymore," He said confidently staring straight at her.

Before his words could affect her she dismissed them. He was pampered little prince with no idea of the hardships one faces, he had the power to live a life of fantasy and his words didn't hold any meaning to her.

"I wasn't aware lord and lady Kentshire were a love match," She said shoving away the emotions inside her.

"It is quite a story. My maternal grandfather was against their marriage but my parents stood together against it all," He said happily.

"Why would anyone be against their daughter marrying a Kentshire?" She asked bewildered.

Nicholas laughed heartily that confused her even more.