19 | "im not in love"

『• • • ✎ • • •』

『• • • ✎ • • •』

"No"

『• • • ✎ • • •』

♪♫.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

"I like to see you
But then again
That doesn't mean you mean that much to me
So if I call you
Don't make a fuss
Don't tell your friends about the two of us
I'm not in love, no no, it's because"

- not in love
By 10cc

♪♫.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

Nimble fingers picked at one another likes siblings fighting over the last piece of toast in the morning. Red rushed up to the surface as the skin peeled away like a banana.

Venus was nervous, more than she was when she waved goodbye to her parents for the last time.

She was stood on the pavement just at the opening of a nearby park, people ran, walked and skipped past her going about their daily lives. Ignoring her as though she was invisible.

And in this moment, she felt like she was.

She bit her lip, almost drawing blood. She shifted on her feet, left to right. Palms sweating and stomach fluttering about with butterflies prancing inside.

Once she stepped beyond that iron gateway she couldn't go back, what lay in that park could change her life, for the better, or for the worse.

And for some odd reason, it was so enticing.

She rose her foot, only an inch from the ground, holding it just above the line that separated the pavement and the stone pathway into the park.

For a moment, just a moment, a feeling of idiocy and embarrassment filled her mind as she remembered what happened before.

But it was quickly replaced by happy memories and the feeling of missing someone.

So she stepped.

Walking down that path by the trees and green, the sun flirting through the sparse leaves and landing on her skin, pricking and prodding like gentle little wisps playfully teasing her.

She smiled.

Her steps slowed and her heart began to beat faster and faster as she neared that dreaded bench, but she knew she had to get there.

Black curly hair you just want to ruffle your fingers in. Smooth milky skin you want to caress. Freckles you want to kiss individually and eye bags you wished you could erase. They all belonged to him.