Dree ; 6/30/19

I'd glance at the clock as it flashes 7:34 p.m. I then quickly grab my skateboard and rush down the spiral staircase leading to the foyer. I pulled open the door, seeing my mom and Micheal, my stepfather pulling into the driveway. I'd get onto the skateboard and roll away quickly, so they wouldn't ask anything of me. I pulled my bucket hat tighter onto my head, and brushed my long, black hair with my fingers. As I rode my skateboard down the sidewalk, I would reach for the palm tree branches swaying above me, enjoying the crisp cold air.
      I would turn myself down the road Maeve lived on. I had rode for a while, until I approached Maeve's gargantuan coastal beach house. I then stepped off my skateboard, picking it up and walking swiftly to the front door, where I rang the doorbell, and encountered Tyler, Maeve's mom's boyfriend. She constantly complains about him, but I don't really see what's so bad about him. But then again, it isn't me having to live with him. "Hey Dree", He'd say to me as he gestured to me to come inside. He'd walk away, telling Maeve I was here. I'd look up, and see the huge chandelier above my head. Maeve then sat down on the railing, and slid down. "Hey!", she'd say as soon as she had landed in front of me. I'd respond back with "Hey, are you finally ready?", shifting my feet to the door. "Oh, yeah I'm ready. Just a sec", she would say as she walked further into her house. I'd follow her into her kitchen where her mom sat looking at a fashion magazine. "Hey girls", Maeve's mom, Grace would say as she flipped through the magazine. "Hey, Grace", I'd respond. Grace and my mom had been friends forever. Even before Maeve and I were born. "Are you excited to go on our bahama's trip this year!" Grace would ask me, finally lifting her eyes off of the magazine she had been reading. "Oh, um yeah", I would politely respond. Not so sure if I really am excited for it. My Dad, and brother would be coming this year, like they do every year. But this year, my dad's girlfriend will be coming. Oh, the drama you can expect. I'd zone out, completely ignoring Grace, and Maeve in their heated conversation over plastic in the oceans or whatever.