Atlas 7/1/19

The wind blew my dirty blonde hair in my face, while Jensen drove past Central Park. I would start thinking about the plane ride tomorrow, starting to panic. I'd look down at the moving road, zoning out. Overthinking everything, as I always do. A million questions popped up in my head, questioning how everything would pan out. I would keep thinking about that summer, two years ago, when my parents did nothing but fight. It was the summer before their divorce. Dree, and her friends Maeve and Violet were there hearing everything. Jensen and I were at the pool in the backyard of our vacation home. Probably the worst day of my life, other than almost drowning the same day. I'd hear the weatherman on the radio, zoning back in. "Whoa, it's going to be sooo hot", Jensen would complain. "Yeah", I'd agree. He'd pull in front of my New York apartment building, parking. We walked up, and went our separate ways. I opened the door, seeing my dad in the kitchen, along with Marie. I'd sneak in heading straight to my room, avoiding both of them. I locked my bedroom door, and started packing. I'd be going tomorrow anyways. My phone would buzz, with a call from my mom awaiting me. I'd decline, of course. My mom and I aren't exactly on the best terms. We haven't talked to each other since the Bahamas trip the year before, and what made her call now confuses me. But like always, I'll be the 'bad guy' for not answering.