7/4/19 (p.1)

Dree's P.O.V.

I walk down the sidewalk, along with Maeve. I smile as I look to the ground, seeing a shadow approach.

A cackling laugh causes me to look up.

"Oh, hey Dree!", Annie would sneer at me.

"Heh, noticed the overpowering stench of your perfume", I burst out, gritting my teeth.

"Hm, what are you girls even doing over here...?", she had added.

I looked over at Maeve signaling for us to leave and avoid the situation.

"Walking? What does it look like?", I glared.

Annie's eyes were staring for awhile, until she started walking away.

"What a bit-", I would start.

"Hey Hey Hey, just because she feels sorry for herself and her life goal is to be 'the word' you're about to say, doesn't mean we should stoop down to her level", Maeve's soft voice whispered.

I roll my eyes, and quickly continue walking.

I kick my feet in the sand, moving rocks and shells out of the way.

Maeve left my side a couple minutes ago to talk to Atlas, and Jensen. So I was really just on my own.

For some reason, a lump would form in my throat, attempting to hold in a burst of tears that randomly felt they needed to come out.

I guess I was afraid to be alone?

Which was questionable, since that's the way it has been. But Maeve was there.

She was just right behind me.

Was it really her I was holding tears in for? Or was it something else? Someone else-

who knows anyways.

Maeve's P.O.V.

"So, what are you guys even looking for?", I ask with a puzzled demeanor, fixing my taupe ruffled skirt.

"Well, apparently there's some caves around here", Jensen answers, staring at the map of the island.

"We just thought it would be fun to explore", Atlas grins, looking my direction.

"Oh, interesting...mind if I join you?", I glance up, asking.

"Oh-", Jensen quickly smiles to himself, rubbing the back of his neck, "I guess, sure?".

"Sweet, so when are we going?" I added with a smile.

I focus over onto Dree's direction.

She looks lonely, and even lost.

Almost like a sad puppy.

If only I knew what was going on in her head...

Back in California, I was always there for Dree.

Talking through her problems with her. Helping her deal with difficult situations.

We had plenty of slumber parties, with pizza, pop, and candy bars. We talked about her the whole time.

She wasn't really good with telling others how she felt... so I was on my own. Coping with my own problems, along with hers. But I guess that's just who I am.

I'm a giver, not a taker.

Is that really a bad thing? Maybe it is...? But I've always been this way, not the top priority.

It's fine, it really is.

Violet:

My view from the bedroom window of my beach house went directly to the shore. I was grateful for that.

Sadly, I am sharing this wonderful view with Annie.

The Annie who constantly complains about this view. How she would much rather have the view facing the street in front of the house, seeing all the street-lights, and crap like that.

She truly made my life a dread.

Annie in I became friends in 6th grade. When Dree, Maeve, and I split up.

Annie was nicer back then. To me, at least.

We would constantly make everyone else's lives a living hell. Which I know, will haunt me in the meantime. But at least I have some regret from it.

I understand Annie's life isn't all so great after all.

Considering she has two older sisters, who she is constantly in the shadows of. Courtney, and Michelle both are living in the suburbs with their husbands who are rich CEO's of some stupid company, that nobody cares about.

But yet, her parents do.

(Author's note: Well, I'm not sure if anyone even likes reading this. Or if anyone even is reading this. So I may be taking a slight break from this story. I will be starting another story though! Anyways, who do you think would be good together? Do you feel bad for Annie? What are your thoughts on some of the characters? I'm curious to hear!)