Chapter 4

Toriel still looked incredulous at my return, but in a good way. She wiped away the tears with the back of her fluffy hands.

"I haven't seen Toriel happy like that in a long time." Flowey whispered to me, which until then had not been noticed by mother goat.

Her expression had totally changed. Her eyes looked terrified and fireballs were forming in her hands.

"My child, take this creature from your arm, it's for your good."

"Mom, calm down!" I approached her, lowering her arm. "He's not evil. He came to help me."

"...to help?"

"Yes! He's not a mean monster,
like you may think! You believe me, don't you?"

"I ... I do." her attack was disappearing, and Flowey sighed with relief.

Toriel approached Flowey and looked at him, still suspicious.

"I also believe that I owe you an apology ... it's not the first time we've met, is it?"

It seemed that Toriel did not remember Flowey, as his appearance was quite different, and his memory really did not seem to be at its best.

"You've already tried to kill me, but without resentment, really."

She looked scared, as if she didn't believe she would have done something like this.

"Truth?! I ask a thousand apologies for doing something so horrible!"

I knew it! I knew that Toriel still had her pure and loving heart. As crazy as she could sound, she still had love inside her. It calmed my heart.

"Let's go, then?" she took my hand lightly.

I nodded, smiling. We started walking, and she was guiding me through the corridors.

"Do you think it's a good thing I should ask about Aliza?" I whispered to Flowey.

"I don't think so, let's wait a bit." he whispered back.

We continued on our way, we went through some more puzzles and Toriel guided me through a passage of thorns that by the way seemed extremely dangerous.

"Hold my hand and ..."

"Don't let go. I know, I won't let go." I smiled and held his hand tightly.

She started walking and for a moment I was a little tense. I didn't know if she would make a mistake and hurt herself, her head was not very good, but while I thought about the countless possibilities that could happen, we had already crossed the whole path.

"Frisk? Are you there?" Flowey waved his leaves in front of my face.

I shook my head, focusing my gaze. We were already at the end, and we were safe.

"Are you okay, my child?"

Hearing that from Toriel made me have to contain my tears. I hadn't heard her call me that in a while, and that unlocked a good memory. I couldn't help myself, and hugged her again.

She looked surprised, but hugged me back without question. I really missed it, and I wish I could be with her. But my adventure would not end here.

We continued on until we reached the big tree in the center, where it was there to have a know point too, but only then did I notice that you won't find any save points ... or even the monsters that lived there. I think I was very worried about finding Toriel that I didn't even notice. Did they run away after what happened to the king? I tried not to think about the worst.