Chapter 9

"You're gonna train? Right now?" I asked, seeing Sans getting up from the table "And do you have place for that?"

"We train in the backyard!" Aliza jumped of joy.

"Hum... interesting" I got up and went to them. "I want to see how it works" I gave a determined smile.

Papyrus took the plates and placed them over the sink.

"Are you going to recalibrate the puzzles, bro" Sans asked, seeing him leaving the kitchen, who said nothing.

He nodded and left the kitchen.

"Is he usually this quiet, at home?"

"No, he usually speaks very loudly, but he never seems to notice.  I don't know what happened to him today."

Sans then started walking out the back of the house, Aliza following him.  I just followed them.

The place where we went was pretty... destroyed, I guess.  As if they trained every day.

There were corners where there were many sharp and blood-stained bones.  I swallowed.

"Are you afraid?" Sans asked, approaching.

"Of course not, why would I be?"

"You look tense."

"It's normal."

Aliza was already on the other side of the place, and seemed to be concentrating.  Sans was watching her relaxed, and I was very confused.

Soon, the girl invoked a lilac and shiny bow and arrow, and aimed at me.  It was her soul weapon.

"Why is she ..."

Before I could finish, Aliza released the arrow, and it was speeding towards me.  With a reflexive movement, I managed to deflect, crouching.  I was sweating cold.  The arrow had hit a tree, making it swing and it's snow fall over me.

Sans laughed at the situation, his laugh was loud.  Aliza, on the other hand, was just standing there, waiting for something to happen, and I knew exactly what she wanted.

I shook the snow off me, and with my foot, I lifted a big, strong branch, grabbed it and smiled determined, looking directly at Aliza.

"It's a fight you want? Bring it on."

Aliza smiled, and braced herself again, an arrow formed in the bow, and I was running towards her.  As soon as she released the arrow, I jumped to the side, and when it reached the ground, she let out a mini explosion.  I looked at Aliza, impressed, and she seemed proud of herself.

I ran to her, with the branch.  I tried to get it right, but the girl used her bow as a defense and pushed my arm, making me almost lose my balance.  She tried to hit me with her arrows from behind, but I just crouched.  The arrow managed to scrape through my shirt, making rip, and it hit another tree with a piece of my clothing.

"SORRY ABOUT THAT!" Aliza shouted, seeing me rubbing my back and seeing that it was torn.

Thank goodness it hadn't hurt me.  With a neutral expression, I gave a thumbs up, showing that everything was fine.

Aliza rubbed the back of her hand on her forehead, drying the sweat.  We were both tired.

"Do you want to stop here?" I asked, seeing her walking up to me.  She nodded, smiling.

"You are very good at dodging!  Teach me??" the girl hopped, anxious.

"But you're already great at this!  I thought it was amazing how it made me lose balance with your bow, good strategy!"