Chapter 14

I felt my arm being shaken by someone.  The weight of Frisk's body was still on me.  We were still alive.  Yeah, it looks like I underestimated the flower.

I opened my eyes, slowly, and Frisk tried to wake me up, with her arm that wasn't hurt.

I looked around, still sleepy, and she smiled at me.

"Yay you woke up!"

Flowey approached.

"Finally, huh?  No guards around, until now."

"Thanks, herb."

Frisk hugged me, kind of suddenly, but I hugged her back.

"Thanks."

"Don't worry about it, kiddo.  Is your shoulder better?"

She nodded.

"It still hurts, but my soul regenerates quickly, so I think we can keep walking."

She got up, took Flowey by the arm, and her backpack that was with us, I had brought it, but I used it as a support, behind me.

I took it and gave it to Frisk, who put it on just one shoulder.

Her face was still stained with dried blood, which stuck to her eyes.

"You'll wash this in waterfall, right?"

"I can barely open my eye" she laughed "do I have a choice?"

I chuckled, picking up the axe I was carrying and we started walking.  I put her to walk nearby, in case something happened.

The sound of the falling water was relaxing, Frisk felt it, because her expression was serene.

"Here is so chilly."

~Here is so chilly

We looked in the direction of the voice and it was an echo flower, one of the few that came back with the weak magic of the place.  Frisk laughed, which made me smile involuntarily.

When we finished crossing the bridges, Frisk knelt by the running water, and left her backpack and Flowey with me.  She started to wash her face, and from time to time she let out a few moans of pain, due to her injuries.

"You think I didn't notice, right?" Flowey asked me, leaving me confused.

"What?"

"The way you look when you're close to her."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You have always been a cruel killer, who had no reason to live anymore, and eyes thirsty for blood and flesh.  When she came back, you changed.  I've seen you smile more, in a good way."

I was silent for a moment.

"And how do you know that, herb?"

"Because I already felt it, once.  It's been a long time."

I burst out laughing.

"You?  You are a fool who was the cause of this destruction in the first place."

"I already explained why, I won't talk about it again."

I hesitated, but he was right.

"You know we hid part of the real story from Frisk, we should tell her."

I was silent, watching him look at me.

"You won't say anything?"

"What would I say?  I didn't even tell Aliza about what happened to Undyne and the underground much."