Chapter 5

My sleep was good, I managed to rest and my back seemed to hurt less, my ankle also hurt less. I scratched my eyes and looked around, saw a piece of pie on the floor. It looked delicious. I looked at the table but ... nothing about Flowey? There was only his pot there, but he wasn't in it. I panicked. Had Toriel taken him? What if he had run away ?? Many questions filled my mind when I felt something on my arm.

"Already awake? You look like a zombie." Flowey said, by my side. I admit that I was scared, I didn't expect his presence there, but seeing that he was well left me with a feeling of relief.

"You're a zombie."

I took the blanket off and sat on the end of the bed, bending over to pick up the piece of pie that was on the floor. It had a delicious look, and I was very hungry. I took the first bite and couldn't contain a few tears while eating.

"Are you ... crying?"

"Sorry," I smiled, while drying my eyes with the sleeves of my shirt. "it's delicious. Want a piece?"

"I don't know if I should ..."

"Don't you want to try it?"

"Pass, but thanks."

I knew he wanted it inside, but was he ashamed? I don't know, but I decided to leave him a piece, anyway.

I left the room, with my backpack on my back, Flowey on my arm, and held the plate and fork with the remaining piece. I was going to ask Mom to keep it in a pot or something.

I arrived and Toriel was in the kitchen, putting some pieces of pie in a pot that could fit in my backpack.

"Good morning ... afternoon... night, did I sleep for a long time?"

She giggled.

"Actually did, but it's good, you seem to feel much better." she smiled, and I returned the act.

Toriel closed the pot with several pieces of pie, and handed it to me. I, as always, was very confused.

"I know you won't be staying long. None of them do ... so I ask you to be careful, and I kept it for you! If you feel hungry on your way." she put her hand on my face, and looked sad. "The underground is not the same as before, my child. They are insane, crazy about flesh and blood. For your soul. So please, be careful."

So she knew I was going to make my way. I took her hand, opened my eyes and looked into hers.

"I will, mother. And when I get back, I'm going to take you with me to the surface."

She looked satisfied.

"I believe you, my little one." she looked at Flowey on my arm. "Take care of her for me, okay?"

Flowey nodded.

Toriel, still holding my hand, guided me to the end of the ruins, to the back gate, which would open to the rest of the basement. I remembered our battle, when I fought to leave, when I decided to spare.

We were there, in front of the gate. My heart skipped so fast it almost left my mouth. Flowey looked at me and nodded confidently. I did the same.

I hugged my mom for the last time, before leaving, and she hugged me back. I cried, I admit I cried, (it was the only thing I had actually done) but I felt some tears on my shoulders, as if Toriel was crying too.

"It was nice to see you again, my little one. I love you."

"I love you too, mom."

And then she turned on her back and started walking.

"Stay determined, Frisk. I said to myself, opening the gate."

Before crossing the gate, I crouched down and opened my backpack, taking off my folded jacket. It was purple, and it was a little torn, but it still fit well. I put it on and went through the gate, closing it from the outside. I tried to open it, to check but it was locked. There really would be no turning back.

I was about to start walking when Flowey squeezed my arm.

"Hey!" Flowey used his leaves to shut me up, as if he wanted silence, and then whispered to me.

"Remember that there is a camera in that bush?"

"I think if I did , I wouldn't have passed it."

"I think you better destroy it, we can't give anyone a breach. Imagine if they know there is another human coming through here?"

"You're right."

So I snuck behind the plants and found the camera, which by the way seemed to be on.

"There, you see?" Flowey said, softly. "now destroy it."

I simply opened the camera and took out its batteries. He looked at me confused.

"I told you to break it."

"Can you imagine how expensive such camera must be? I think that just taking the battery out will do." I took advantage to turn the camera to the opposite side, in case she was going to turn on again, she wouldn't focus on the passage. I got up and removed the leaves from my clothes, and went on my way.

I looked around, snow falling from the top of the cave. That was certainly magic, there was no other explanation. Those tall, dark trees.

I saw those bars that Papyrus had built so long ago to try to stop a human from passing. That memory made me laugh.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice when I stepped on a branch. It was thick and breaking it made a loud noise.

"Oh no ... do you think anyone heard?"

"I dont know."

I kept walking until I got closer to those bars on the bridge. Along the way, I felt someone following me, watching me. Ah, well, I just lacked. My body froze in front of the bridge when I felt that someone was really behind me. I prepared to take an attack when the being started to speak.

"Hey, buddy, don't you know how to greet a new..."

He stopped talking when I turned around, and our eyes met.

"Frisk ..?"

"Sans." My eyes filled with tears.