Chapter 15

Waterfall was as extensive as I remembered.  Must it have taken 2 days to get to Hotland? Maybe? Yeah, it took a lot.

If I said that everything had gone well, I would be lying, a lot.  I hope you don't mind my narration about the Waterfall path.

Ahem.

Passing some bridge paths and reading the signs of the history of the war between humans and monsters, we also passed places where I had very good memories.  The telescope, where Sans would had left a pen mark in my eye, years before.

Echo flowers, shrubs, sparkling crystals.

The piano.

When we arrived at the piano, I sat on the stool, with my back straight.

"Are you going to play now?" Sans asked.

"Mhm!"

The piano was also dusty, but there was no problem.  I played a note, and I felt a warmth run through my body.

"Are you not afraid to attract monsters?"

I shook my head.  Was it stupid of me?  Sure, but I didn't care.

I felt him approach, and he sat down next to me.

I started playing a melody I had learned on the surface, which seemed to delight both Flowey and Sans.  As soon as I finished playing the quick melody, I looked at them and Sans looked deep into my eyes.

"Do you remember that song?" he straightened up and started to play a melody that I remembered very well.

Sans had told me that this song was called "It's raining somewhere else", which went well with the environment.

It was a melancholy and calm song, I closed my eyes and let my hands play beside him.

It reminded me of that first "date" we had. It's wasn't really a date, you know? I was only 14 when I fell, and he was about 19, we had dinner just to relax and talk, at the Mettaton resort.  Where he told me about how he met Toriel, and that famous "You'd be desencheste you stand".

It happens.

The song ended, and I stared at the keyboard with shaking hands.

"You okay?"

I shook my hands, and gave a weak smile.

"I am, don't worry."

I got up from the stool, and he did the same.

"The music wasn't that bad." Flowey commented.

"Thanks, I guess" I chuckled, relaxed.

I got up, and he did the same.  We walked out of the room, and when we saw the statue in the hall, it was raining over his head.  I took an umbrella, as I had years before, and positioned it to cover it.  A little song that I already knew played, and some memories came to mind.

I think I was in a trance for a while, when I felt the Flowey leaves calling me.

"Frisk? You good?"

I nodded, tho he seemed as sad as I did with that song, I and took an umbrella that was a little torn and stained, but it was the last one I had kept.  I pulled Sans closer, he looked at me strange.

"It's for you not to get wet."

"I don't mind the rain."

"Stop being stubborn, come here."

I wrapped an arm around him, and the other holding the umbrella.

We started walking, and Sans looked a little uncomfortable with the contact.  Only, when I went to take my hand away, he took it and put it back.

I didn't say anything, I just went on my way.

We passed a path that overlooked the castle from a distance.  It was very beautiful, but the environment itself was very different.  As soon as we got to the other side of the cave, I put the umbrella in the bucket, and we found ourselves surrounded by a big ... wall?  I can't explain hehe

Sans gave me a little foot, and passed Flowey to my arm.  He went up without any problems.

Places later, we arrived at those bridges where Undyne and I had that whole chase, but because of the dark, it was difficult to cross that place.

"Be careful, this is where the bridge broke and I fell there in the dump."

"Do you remember this?"

I laughed.

"How could you forget?"

The problem was:

I didn't pay attention on the way.

And what happened next?

Obviously I stumbled.

"AAAAAAAH!"

I was falling in the dark, when I felt my soul being controlled.  It was navy blue, Sans was trying to hold me up there.

"SANS LET IT GO!!  YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PULL ME BACK!"

The magic there was certainly weaker, and I saw that he had a lot of effort keeping me in the air.  I felt myself being pulled slowly.

"SANS LISTEN TO ME!  USE YOUR MAGIC TO ARRIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE, I'LL FIND YOU LATER!"

"I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO!"

That's when I felt my soul being released, Sans was tired, and I was falling in the dark.

"FIND ME FROM THE OTHER SIDE!" It was the only thing I said, before I felt my body fall like a cannon ball into the water.