Chapter 8

I ran the plan quickly through my head before telling Sans, who was waiting silently.

"Okay, so I was thinking of staying here for a few more days, maybe 2-3.  I don't want to take too long, I don't want to give you too much trouble."

He just nodded.  I was a little upset that he didn't interrupt and said it was okay for me to be with them, but I couldn't stay there for very long anyway.

"I also don't want to get you in trouble, if I teleport there, then I'll walk."

"Are you going to walk the entire Underground?  As much as I trust your strength, this is very risky.  The monsters are no longer the way you remember them.  Not even Papyrus.  Not even me.  I still don't know what it was like to trust me."

"Sans, look at me"'I put my hand on the side of his face, making him look directly at me, and opened my eyes. "I trust you because since we met you decided to stay by my side.  No matter how long it took you to trust me completely, you waited.  And in the end you just wanted to protect me.  I apologize for taking so long to come back.  I didn't think this was all going to happen."

He was silent, but he held my hand, smiling.

"You came back, in the end.  It was worth the wait."

I smiled, slightly.  And I continued with the plan.  We spent a lot of time talking about how we would do it.  And we decided the following:

I would go from Snowdin to Waterfall, where I would find Sans' next post.  He would use that to check on me and see if everything was okay.  He had also warned me that Undyne had not been through waterfall in a long time, but that he was also not to let his guard down.  I mean, I couldn't drop my guard at any time.

Sans also warned me about Hotland, where Alphys still worked.  He hadn't heard from her in a long time, but he knew she was still there.  However, I couldn't say the same about Mettaton.

  After I passed Core and arrived at New Home, he told me to be careful and avoid passages with the royal guards.

After there, I would go to the castle.  My real problem.  I still didn't know how I would face Undyne.  How would I convince her of my plan, and how would I avoid dying, in this case, because I had no more save points, and if it was the worst case, I had no reset button.

It would be game over for real.

And for that, I would need a disguise.

I rubbed my eyes as I was very tired.  The clock on the wall said it was 1 am.  I found myself yawning.

"You should go to bed, it's late, and tomorrow we have something to do."

I looked at him, confused.  I didn't know what he was talking about, but I just nodded.

"I sleep in the living room." he continued.

"What?  Of course not!  You live here, I'm not going to make you sleep on the couch, you sleep up there." I said getting up from the couch, and already lying down. "See?  It's very comfortable here!"

"Are you sure?  It won't do any good for your back."

I gave him a thumbs up, with my neutral face of determination.  He shrugged.

"If you say so, then I'll go upstairs, let me know, i'm case you need anything."

I nodded, and he walked up the stairs.  I turned on my side to the back of the sofa, and closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep quickly ... which didn't happen.

Sans pov

I got up the stairs, but before I turned around to see if she needed anything.  It was very cold outside, and she had no blanket, so I went to my room and took mine.  I was used to the cold, it was no longer a problem.  I went down and saw that she was shaking.  I covered her and she looked better.