18| Truth

Chastity's POV

"This may be the dumbest idea you have ever had." I say playfully as I look over at Daniel. I was currently shivering due to how cold it was on the beach. We were both laying down on the blanket side by side. My head was rested on Daniels chest as he played with my hair. The moon reflecting on the water was captivating.

"What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?" Daniel asks me softly. "You have met Candace right? Everywhere she goes she embarrasses me." I say playfully as we both laugh.

I smile as I feel his chest rise and fall. His fingers were calmly running through my hair causing me to smile. "One time she pretended to fall over while she was carrying our drinks. She fell directly on the drinks spilling them all over me and her." I say as I laugh at the memory. "Why would she do that?" Daniel asks in disbelief.

"She wanted the cute worker to have to help her up." I say causing Daniel to start laughing loudly. "I can picture that." He says as he laughs.

"What about you?" I ask him softly. "Candace sounds a lot like Jack. One time I told him a girl was cute and he ran over to her and dragged her back over to me. I tried to talk to her as we walked around but ended up running straight into a clothing rack." Daniel says causing me to laugh.

"That's funny. Did you at least get her number?" I ask him. "No. I was to embarrassed so I just walked away." Daniel says as he laughs.

"How many siblings do you have?" He asks me softly. "One. Older sister but I haven't seen her since....." I pause as the memories flood through my mind.

I feel Daniel lift his head up to look down at me. "In like a year but she lives on her own." I mumble as I stare at the ground. "What about you?" I ask him as I push away the nervousness.

"Three. My little sister and two older brothers." He tells me. "Candace is like a sister to me." I say softly.

"Yeah all the guys are practically my brothers." Daniel says in a happy tone. "That's cool. You get to travel the world with your family." I say softly.

"Yeah it's a dream come true." He replies to me. He stops playing with my hair and rests his hands around my waist. I play with the rings on his fingers as I feel his eyes on me. He sits up causing me to sit up to. "If I lay down any longer I'm gonna fall asleep." Daniel says playfully.

He gently grabs my waist and places me in between his legs. My back was facing him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I rested my head back on his chest. I continued to play with the rings on his finger. "Where is your dream place to live?" Daniel asks me softly.

"Florida or Hawaii. I love the ocean...I mean this week kinda ruined that but living in a place where it is warm and there's a beach near your house is like vacation all the time." I reply as I turn my head and look up at him. "I have to agree but it would also be so cool to live in another country." Daniel says as his eyes stare into mine.

I felt in that moment like I could tell him anything. Like he was the most understanding person. "I wanna tell you why my dad paid for this vacation." I say softly. "You don't have to. I understand if you don't want to." Daniel reassures me.

I shake my head as I turn around to face him. "I don't want to keep anything from you." I tell him. He nods his head as his hand gently rubs my back soothingly.

______________________________
Why is it cold outside 😂